Health and Wellbeing

Health and wellbeing
Learning in health and wellbeing ensures that children and young people develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes which they need for
mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing now and in the future.
St. Andrew’s Primary, working with partners, takes a holistic approach to promoting health and wellbeing, one that takes account of the stage of growth, development
and maturity of each individual, and the social and community context.
The learning environment will support all children to:
• meet challenges, manage change and build relationships
• experience personal achievement and build my resilience and confidence
• understand and develop my physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and social skills
• understand how what I eat, how active I am and how decisions I make about my behaviour and relationships affect my physical and mental wellbeing
• participate in a wide range of activities which promote a healthy lifestyle
• understand that adults in the school community have a responsibility to look after them, listen to their concerns and involve others where necessary
• learn about where to find help and resources to inform choices
• assess and manage risk and understand the impact of risk-taking behaviour
• reflect on their strengths and skills to help them make informed choices when planning their next steps
• acknowledge diversity and understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to challenge discrimination.

Inverclyde Council