Family support in partnership with St Andrew’s Primary School and Barnardo’s Nurture Service
Amanda Holden is our school’s Barnardo’s worker.
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING ANY DIFFICULTIES?
This may include worries you have about your child or children – at home and/or at school – for example, concerning behaviour, bullying or difficulties completing homework.
You may want to increase your confidence as a parent, or you may be feeling overwhelmed or a bit lost.
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME SUPPORT TO GET YOU THROUGH THESE DIFFICULTIES?
The Barnardo’s team, in partnership with your school, can offer you both practical support and time to work together. They can support you to overcome and resolve things that you are struggling with or concerned about.
As a voluntary organisation with skilled workers, they will work with you and at your pace. In other words they are not there to tell you what to do but can offer guidance and support to individual members of the family or with the family all together. There are also groups that children and parents can attend if you think this would be helpful. Their aim is to support you to bring about changes you want to see and which through working together can hopefully be achieved.
SERVICES BARNARDO’S PROVIDE INCLUDE:
- Individual support through home visits, at the project or at school
- Work with the whole family
- Provide practical help, advice and advocacy e.g. housing, finance
- Befriending Service for children
- Group work with children and parents e.g. parent drop in and seasons for growth
- Guidance on parenting programmes
- Support accessing other local services
- Support links with wider school community
If you would like to know more contact Amanda on: