Welcome to our e-bulletin for sciences, technologies, engineering and maths (STEM). Please forward to those who may be interested.
Received this from someone else? Sign up to receive it directly.
• Award-winning online resources available until June 2016 – add Twig, Tigtag and Reach Out CPD tiles to your Launchpad in Glow
• Higher Physics professional learning videos now online
• Statistics for school biology experiments and Advanced Higher projects – SSERC guide
• 13 – 19 year olds can win a trip to New York City through the Junior Academy STEM competition
• Enter the 2016 Our Environment competition run by SEPA
• Get Learning section of Scotland’s Environment website launches soon – data about climate change, water, rivers and more
• Register your school to receive BBC Microbit pocket-sized computers for coding
• The National Technologies Network Glow community will keep you up to date
• New engineering science materials on the Glow NQ site
• CPD for Engineering Science – Advanced Higher writers day on the 17 September 2015
• Dunoon Primary beats 300 UK schools to win Kodu Kup
• Open University research project on use of mobile technologies – get involved!
Numeracy and mathematics
• BBC News report on supermarket pricing
• Mathematical Association conference for teachers of secondary mathematics
• The National Numeracy Progression Framework has progression pathways for all numeracy organisers
• Register for Progression Module to be delivered via the National Numeracy and Mathematics Hub from 25 August
• STEM precision farming event for secondary STEM teachers – Perthshire, 7 November
Did you know…….?
The Developing Young Workforce programme will be transforming the way that STEM is delivered in Scottish schools.
Reviewing the requirement for high level STEM skills – UKCES report
Make a 3D Hologram projector using a mobile phone app and CD case.
We’ve got loads more news to share! See our STEM blog for the latest updates.
Education Scotland Updates
Education Scotland Email Updates Now Available
Education Scotland offer a number of free email updates and news alerts to keep you informed of the latest developments and events in Scottish education.
We’re delighted to offer you a range of publications with a focus on specific areas, sectors and topics. These all include the latest news and key information along with links to new resources and support materials all in one place and relevant to your area of work.
You can sign up to as many email updates as you like, they are free and delivered straight to your inbox. Visit the Education Scotland website for the full list of publications available and sign up today.
Scottish Learning Festival 2015
SLF is the biggest education event in Scotland, bringing together thousands of educational professionals from across Scotland and beyond. Taking place on Wednesday 23 and Thursday 24 September, the theme of this year’s event focuses on raising achievement and attainment for all.
SLF is free for everyone to attend and gives you access to inspirational keynotes, over 100 professional development seminars, lively debate at the professional discussion sessions, Scotland’s largest education exhibition and opportunities for professional networking with peers and colleagues from across Scotland.
Book now to guarantee your place at SLF. Visit the SLF website to browse the full conference programme and book your place today.