“It’s the books you read when you’re young that stay with you always.” JK Rowling
We want our library to encourage and inspire all pupils to come and learn and share. We want pupils to relax, read for pleasure and search for information relevant to their learning and personal needs.
Each session elections are held for the Library Committee from P5 pupils. This year the Committee members are:
P5A: Fatima, Callum, Sam, Musa and Emma
P5B: Zoe, Cameron, Olivia, Lexi and Alastair
Our ten Primary 5 librarians will ensure the smooth running of the school library. Our librarians will attend regular regular meetings and will follow a weekly rota to carry out library duties. The group will also be responsible for:
- Shelving fiction books in A-Z order
- Shelving non-fiction books in subject order (using Dewey Decimal Classification System)
- Helping with library displays
- Helping other pupils to find what they are looking for
The committee will feedback to the school through assemblies and the school website. They will ensure the library noticeboard is kept up to date informing everyone of future events.
You can find out more from this leaflet and our Action Plan:
The Library Committee will also be actively involved in promoting literacy throughout the whole school and hope to:
- Promote whole school literacy through participation in the First Minister’s Reading Challenge.