I am both delighted and very excited to be welcoming all of our children back on Wednesday 12th August. Our planning and organisation is in place and our staff are spending both Monday and Tuesday this week in school finalising our readiness for learning and teaching to get going again inside Giffnock Primary.

This has been a hugely challenging time for all of our community and I know that many of you will be continuing to feel the wide ranging ramifications of the pandemic. Nonetheless, I am sure that we all feel that getting our children back into school and their learning therein is a highly significant step forwards and we intend to take this positivity into the coming weeks and months in school.

We have put together a detailed overview for you which I hope will provide information and answers to many of the questions that you may have. In addition, our Director of Education has also written a letter for your further information.

GPS Parent Guide Returning to School August 2020

Letter to ParentCarers Director of Education ERC August 20

Never more have our partnerships across the school been of significance in our children’s learning. Whilst we are not be able to have as many face to face conversations as I would ordinarily hope for, strong communication lies at the heart of all that we will continue to do at Giffnock. Therefore, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,

Rob Lawson

Head Teacher

Giffnock Primary School