What is the Crookfur Primary and Nursery Class Parent Council (PC)?
A committee appointed to run matters on behalf of all parents/carers who have a child at the school or nursery – known as the Parent Forum. It is not run by the school or local authority, rather by the parents in the school/nursery. The full Constitution document can be found here. There are parent representatives for each year group:
- Nursery – Aisha Mahmood, Ailsa Munro
- P1 – John Brennan, Conor Murphy, Dawn Jamieson
- P2 – Beverly Stoner, Michelle Wilson
- P3 – Kari Gillies (Vice Chair), David O’Gorman, Allyson Gilchrist
- P4 – Denny Henderson (Chair), Claire Dowse, Gillian Plews
- P5 – Wendy Durie, Cara MacDonald
- P6 – Alistair Gibb, Adele Thomson
- P7 – Kathleen McGeogh, Karen McGrady-Parker, Waqas Waqar
- Co-opted – Cathy Thomson, Shabana Hussain
What is the Aim of the PC?
- Help the school and nursery to operate successfully and represent all parents/carers.
- Improve links between all parents/carers and the school/nursery.
- Ensure parents receive the information they need in an accessible way, and that school/nursery staff receives feedback on parents’ views.
- Discuss issues of interest to parents, i.e. school or nursery policies.
- Optimise parental involvement in their children’s learning.
- Be involved in recruitment of new senior staff.
- Social and fundraising activities (NB: at Crookfur this is undertaken by a sub-committee called the Fundraising Committee)
What does the PC not do?
Pursue issues regarding individual pupils or parents. These should be discussed with the Class Teacher or Head Teacher as appropriate.
When are PC meetings?
Six times per school year, approximately every six weeks. Dates can be found on the school calendar.
Who attends the meetings?
Members of the PC alongside the Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher and Local Councillor. Pupils regularly attend the PC meeting to update members on initiatives within the school, accompanied by their Class Teacher.
How can I contact the Parent Council?
Parents/carers can contact their year group representative with any issues they would like to raise, or email the Chair at CrookfurParentCouncil@gmail.com
Parent Council Newsletters
Parent Council Minutes