In line with our local authority vision of Everyone Attaining, Everyone Achieving through Excellent Experiences, in Crookfur Primary School, we pursue the achievement of excellence in all aspects of our work.
We embrace the Values and Principles of Curriculum for Excellence to provide an education of the highest quality that will enable all young people to become: Successful Learners; Confident Individuals; Responsible Citizens and Effective Contributors. We work to ensure we get it right for every child (GIRFEC) and that all children are Safe, Healthy, Achieving, Nurtured, Active, Respected, Responsible and Included.
This will equip our learners with skills and attitudes for lifelong learning and will prepare them for life beyond school.
Our aspirational vision of Learning, Caring and Working Together To Be All We Can Be is supported by a number of strategies including the following:
- Ensuring breadth and balance across the curriculum
- Raising attainment through self-evaluation and improvement
- Providing a quality learning environment which stimulates and motivates pupils
- Supporting pupils by providing personal and social development and active health
- Effective deployment of staff and resources as well as close partnership working between home, school and local community
- Ensuring the development of excellence by fostering high quality leadership at all levels
In session 2018-19 our school improvement priorities are as follows:
|Effectively recognise achievement and raise attainment in Literacy & English (Reading)|
|Effectively recognise achievement and raise attainment in Numeracy & Mathematics|
|To ensure all children are achieving and attaining through excellent experiences|
|To develop a progressive, creative curriculum which meets the needs of all learners based on the unique features of our school and community|
|To strengthen practices in self evaluation for continuous self improvement|
Please use the links to access summary versions of our Standards & Quality Self Evaluation Report 2017-18 and our School Improvement Plan 2018-19.
Alternatively, complete versions of both documents can be accessed below: