Hi Moonbeams, here are some activities with links to YouTube if you would like to take part:
Activity 1 – Musical instruments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4m6a7Q5wM
1. Making our own Moonbeam Music Shakers
2. Have a look with a grown up in the recycling & see if you can find a plastic bottle with a lid or a milk carton.
3. Ask a grown up to help you to find things that you could put in your shaker to make a noise! Mrs McLaughlin found some; stones in my garden and some rice, cereal and yellow split peas from my cupboard.
4 Carefully put the things you find in your bottle/ carton and put on the lid. Secure it with some sellotape if it needs to be.
5. Decorate with stickers and ribbons.
6. Put on some music, sing & shake!
200g plain flour
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
50g of butter
50ml of buttermilk
A drop of lemon essence
A packet of Milky bar buttons (or 2!)
Set oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes
Activity 3 – Help with the washing
1. Take the clothes out of the basket
2. Put the clothes into the machine
3. Push the button to start the washing machine
4. Pull the wet clothes out of the machine
5. Help totake the pegs out
6. Pass them to your friend
Can you count the pegs?
Can you sort them into the same colours?
Can you remember the signs for these snacks?