Homework and other important things to remember wb 23/05

Good afternoon everyone. Homework for this week will be as follows:

In literacy this week we will be learning the sound ss. We have found this sound very easy this morning and so I anticipate us moving on to ll and ff before the end of the week.  I have attached words for the children to practise but as usual they should feel free to come up with other words to provide some challenge.

Our sound stars will progress to the sound wh this week. I have attached some words for them to practise at home.

Reading homework for this week is as follows:

Book Bandits – Birthdays around the world

Page Pirates – Jay and Sniffer: The cake sale goo

Word Wizards – Rainbows

Sound Stars – The Fox Twins

Can I please ask that you ensure your child engages with the book set for this week on bug club. While I am very happy for them to engage with as much reading as possible, it is helpful in class if they have read this weeks book at home.

Numeracy homework will be distributed tomorrow following further inputs.

Additionally, our Digital Leaders in school are running a competition to design a poster of a top tip to keep everyone safe on the internet. Each child has been given a sheet should they wish to enter the competition. The competition is optional but I should mention, there is a prize for each class.

This week we are all very excited for our sports day which should be taking place tomorrow. We have checked the weather today and all is looking good for us to go ahead. Just a reminder that children can come to school in their sports clothing tomorrow with a t-shirt of their house colour on (if possible).

As  you may know, our class trip has been confirmed for 16th June to the Dean Park. Every member of the class has been given a small slip to complete regarding for that day. Could I ask that everyone returns this slip asap so that I can let the kitchen know.

Have a great week and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at sports day tomorrow.

Mrs MacNee

2 thoughts on “Homework and other important things to remember wb 23/05”

1. Hi Mrs MacNee.
    Can you confirm if the Top Tip is for top tips to keep you safe online, or top tips for anything ? It’s not clear on the sheet.

Also as Monday is a holiday will assembly be Tuesday ?
    We are asking as Ella wondering if she will get her achievement award next week.

Thanks
    Jane

1. Sorry I didn’t see this sooner! Can you get Ella to bring her certificate back in, the ipad I took the picture on isn’t letting me send the photo! Technology is great when it works. Our next assembly won’t be until June 13th so there’s no rush. The top tip that they’ve to do the poster for is one the sheet. I’m afraid I don’t have more information than that a the moment.