Reading and other things

I will be allocating all children some books on bug club shortly that they can read at their leisure over the coming weeks. Please encourage them to continue to engage with some form of reading over the summer as it will really help them when they return to school in August.

We are finishing off things this week and I will begin to send some work home in the coming days. Could I ask you to put a carrier bag in your child’s bag for when this happens, I have some spares in the classroom so don’t worry if it’s not possible.

Our class will continue to collect crisp packets until the end of next week. We are trying to gather as many as we can to hand over to be made into foil blankets for the homeless. What a great excuse to eat some crisps!

I have told the class that I will be leaving the school next week. I have had a wonderful experience at Gargieston and I will treasure the time I have had with my class.

If anyone is likely to be removing their child before the end of term could you please let me know? I would like to try and avoid having anyone leaving empty handed.

Thanks

Mrs MacNee