Homework wb 16/05

Good afternoon all. I am looking forward to speaking with many of you on the phone this week.

In literacy this week we will be learning the sound e_e. We will continue to consolidate the previous 4 sounds to allow for this concept to embed as fully as possible. I have attached words for the children to practise but as usual they should feel free to come up with other words to provide some challenge.

Our sound stars will progress to the sound ng this week. I have attached some words for them to practise at home.

Reading homework for this week is as follows:

Book Bandits – Wallace and Gromit Soccamatic

Page Pirates – Mermaids visit the vet

Word Wizards – This is my pet

Sound Stars – Sarah’s tap shoes (same as last week)

Can I please ask that you ensure your child engages with the book set for this week on bug club. While I am very happy for them to engage with as much reading as possible, it is helpful in class if they have read this weeks book at home.

Numeracy homework for this week is an East Ayrshire SumDog competition. Remember with SumDog, the children need to make mistakes in order for the programme to identify where to pitch the questions. Our class have learned that making mistakes helps our learning. We will be checking the leaderboard in school – it would be lovely to see our class up there.

Mrs MacNee