This course is focussed on the broad ICT skills and an introduction into the skills required for administration.
The course has a large amount of practical ICT skills using software such as:
- E-diary and E-mail.
This course offers progression to National 3-5 in S4 in Administration. This course is aimed at covering Level 3 and 4 Administration Curriculum for Excellence outcomes.
For more information on the level 3 and 4 outcomes – please click on the link below to be directed to the relevant SQA documentation.
SQA CfE Curriculum outcomes (http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/Images/all_experiences_outcomes_tcm4-539562.pdf)
S4 Administration and IT
The Administration and IT qualifications provide practical opportunities to apply and develop organisational, administrative and IT skills. Learners develop IT skills and use technologies as tools to achieve organisational and administrative tasks.
National 3 – 5
All learners will:
· Develop an understanding of administration in the workplace
· Develop IT skills and use them to perform administrative tasks
· Acquire organisational skills in the context of organising and supporting events
In addition, at National 4 and 5, learners will:
· Develop an understanding of key legislation affecting both organisations and employees
· Develop an understanding of good customer care and its benefits to organisations
Learners will be assessed on an on-going basis as they progress through the course.
Learners will be assess on an on-going basis as they progress through the course. They will also complete and Added Value unit – set by the SQA.
In the assessment, candidates research and communicate findings on a business-related topic drawn from the Course, and use their research findings to prepare and communicate a simple business proposal for an aspect of a small business. This business may be real or notional.
National 5 Assessment
Learners will be assessed by means of a practical assignment set by the SQA.
The assessment will assess the skills, knowledge and understanding of:
· Knowledge and understanding of administration in the workplace
· Skills in using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations and desktop publishing, to prepare documents related to a chosen event
· Skills in using technology, including the intranet and the internet, for electronic communication and sourcing information related to the event
· Skills in problems solving and communication with others
SQA Administration and IT Homepage
National 5/Higher Administration (S5/6)
In S5/6 at present we offer both the new National 5 qualification (see above) and the current Higher qualification.
Pupils will learn how to work effectively in a business environment, integrating organisational and information and communications technology skills in a manner which will benefit them in any administrative work they may tackle at future stages in their career.
The course has 2 units:
- Administrative Services
- Information Technology for Management
Regular homework will be issued.
Each unit will be assessed by a National Assessment Bank (NAB) assessment. If any pupil is unsuccessful at this assessment they will be allowed one resit. All 3 units are required to gain an overall course award.
Pupils will sit a final external exam set by the SQA alongside a practical assignment.
SQA Higher Administration and IT Homepage