Happy 40th Birthday Whitelees!

I’m looking forward to the revealing of the mosaic. Lyndsey

I’m looking forward to the WHITELEES revealing mosaic.
Gabrielle Mia

Today I am looking forward to the basketball- Aimee

today I am looking forward to the inflatable assault course. Robyn and Isla

I am looking forward to the ice cream van. Alex and Isla

We enjoyed the tae kwon do.Amara,Sophie,Darcy,Morgan,Keri,Holly,Elise

Another Busy Week

We have been learning about area and cm squared.  Ellie

We represented our school at the Malawi Cup at Ravenscraig and won!! Joss ,Marc ,Lucy, Ryan, Jude

I learned how to serve at tennis. Marc

We were working on homophones this week. Hollie, Lara

Children have worked hard and some on a personal best with our daily mile! Keep bringing in the baby and first day at school photos for our leavers assembly!

Do jo winner this week was Erin and certificate goes to Kirstie. Well done girls!

A day at Intu….

Tuesday proved to be another worthwhile experience. Sledging and climbing will help us to put a real life context to our upcoming ‘forces’ topic. A few of the children that did not attend Kilbowie worked well following advice from friends on the climbing wall.image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Monday activity week!

image

image

image

image

image

image

We had a great time at Airspace yesterday! Plenty of gymnastic skills on show with flips, cartwheels and bouncing! Lots of new experiences for children and staff! We were complimented on our manners and practicing our social skills at a restaurant for lunch. Well done everyone. Watching Jungle Book yesterday helped us to make real connections to our biodiversity topic too. A worthwhile experience for each child and a real credit to their school. Now for day two…..

Open Day

Today we enjoyed our open afternoon. We had a very busy classroom with lots of visitors!If you didn’t manage to come we were busy with Me Time and some of our visitors even joined in a game or two. Marc, Chloe and Zoe were chosen as tour guides for the parents and Im sure represented our school well.

The children also had a visit from teachers at the High School. Erin , Alia, Lara and Justin found this helpful. Everyone is bringing home a letter about a parents evening and will already have letters regarding a summer school.

Everyone has been able to use co-ordinates on a four quadrant grid to plot or make diagrams. Well done.

We are getting organised for our activity week next week, lots of growth mind set required as new experiences and opportunities await!

Have a lovely weekend!

We are back!

We have settled in to school after an adventure filled time at Kilbowie. Now we have had time to reflect back on our time as a group and begin to put in to practice what we have been learning.

We have been evaluating our learning over the previous term and beginning to think about how we learn while filling in our tranistion eportfolios for High School.

I learned more about deforestation.. I also started learning about negative numbers..Mark

I understood more about climate change and deforestation…Evan

I’ve been enjoying the daily mile…Lara.

This weeks certificate winners were Marc for effective contributions and Louie was this weeks dojo winner. Well Done boys!

Outdoor Learning

Today we managed to power down and learn outdoors. We managed a mini beast hunt, creating art, problem solving and team building! Everyone worked well together to enjoy the day, a perfect chance to reflect on our Rainforest learning and carbon footprint too. Everyone will sleep well tonight! imageMiss Johnston came to visit too!