Cumbernauld Academy Visit

This week we had our two and a half day visit to Cumbernauld Academy. We are all really exciting about starting first year in August. Have a read at what some of us enjoyed most about our visit.

Ellie – I enjoyed meeting new friends and Art class.

Abi – On the induction days I learned more about Home Economics. I knew it was about cooking but I now know you also learn facts about foods as well as cooking them.

Luke – I enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends.

Tom – I enjoyed getting to meet new friends and also new teachers. I liked Science and Home Economics the most!

Abbi – My favourite part of Cumbernauld Academy was the science lab. We had a cool teacher who taught us mind-blowing chemistry.

Jessica – I enjoyed the 2.5 days we had at the high school. We did things there like Home Economics, Science and Technical. We don’t really get to do these things in primary school so I had great fun.

Joshua – At Cumbernauld Academy I enjoyed Science because we got to put magnesium over the bunsen burner and it made a very bright light. I also enjoyed making salsa in Home Economics.

Eve – I really enjoyed Tuesdays Science lesson. The teacher put gas in a bubble then made it go up in flames. It was awesome!

Cameron – At the Academy I really enjoyed Home Economics the best because I learned how dangerous chillies can be, even if they’re just oil on a chopping board.

Jack – I enjoyed Home Economics because we got to make our own salsa and then eat it.

Josh – My favourite subject was Science. I look forward to doing Technical in August.

Mitchell – I felt happy to discover that all of the teachers are nice. I also like the idea of moving from class to class.

One thought on “Cumbernauld Academy Visit”

1. Its so good to just look back and see that our work gets recognised and put on the internet! We are one very lucky school!