Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Earth Day 2020 – Climate Action

Good morning Primary One,

I hope you had a lovely day yesterday and managed to make the most of the beautiful sunshine. We have really enjoyed receiving some photos of the amazing learning and playing you have been doing at home – well done and keep up the great work!
Today is a special day – it is Earth Day 2020 and it is the 50th anniversary of this day. Earth Day is a day where we try to take some time to think about how amazing our planet is and the things that we can do to help it.
If it fits into your routine today, you could look through this Power Point with an adult and have a chat about the parts that interest you or that you would like to know more about.
The Power Point talks about the importance of recycling – I wonder if you could try to make something new out of old packaging material to give it a second life? Send us a photo or let us know in the comments what you have learned about Earth Day or what you decided to create!
Our planet is truly amazing – look at this beautiful Spring blossom near my home,. It made me smile!
Our learning grid/resources for this week are still on the LPS website and if you scroll back a little you will also find a PowerPoint with more related learning activities. We understand that everyone’s situation is different just now, so find a routine that works for your family and please don’t feel any pressure! Let us know if we can support you in any way.
Take care and have a great day,
Primary One Teachers šŸ™‚