Good Morning, P2A Monday 27th April

Good morning, everyone!  What a wonderful Monday morning it is. The sun is shining and the sky is blue.  It’s a wonderful day for some outdoor learning activities.

I hope you all had a super weekend and were outside enjoying the sunshine.  I have to thank all of you for sending me lovely emails about all the wonderful activities you have been doing with your families.  It is so nice to see and hear all the different things you have been doing.  One boy in our class helped the Scouts ‘Hike to the Moon’.  He measured out a circuit in the garden and worked out how many laps he would need to do to walk a mile – 68!  He did that and then bounced to the moon on his trampoline, brilliant.  Some other boys and girls have been planting lots of seeds and one boy in our class made a mini greenhouse for all his seedlings and plants.  I have asked Mr Herbison to make one for me!  Some girls have been painting outdoors and one girl used so many different skills to design and create an amazing house, with a door that locks, for her robot dog!  Keep sending me your emails of what you been doing.

I had a lovely weekend with my family.  We went a walk along the river on Saturday afternoon.  It was nice to see families out walking together but we all kept our distance from each other.  I enjoyed yesterday in my garden.  I was planting some seeds and planted up a couple of hanging baskets, too.  I was looking at my apple trees and noticed bees buzzing around.  My son managed to take a couple of photographs of the bee on the apple blossom.

This week is National Gardening Week 2020.  There are so many different ways you can get involved in gardening, even if it’s just in a little box.  You don’t have to have a garden to grow something.  You can have a look at this link for ideas.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/get-involved/national-gardening-week/

Have a great day, everyone.

Mrs Herbison