Good morning P1! Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Good morning everyone,

I hope you are having a lovely week so far. I have seen a lovely competition being advertised just now that I thought you might enjoy taking part in.

You could win a £10 National Book Token for each of your classmates – and surprise them all when schools reopen!

Create a fabulous National Book Token design while you are learning from home; whether it’s our school crest doodled in ink, a pencil drawing of the entire class, or something completely different, they will be choosing one child’s design to put on a National Book Tokens gift card every week for seven weeks.

When schools open up again, the winners and their classmates will each receive a £10 National Book Token – with the winning artwork on it – to inspire you to choose your next favourite book to read.

Follow this link https://www.nationalbooktokens.com/create-a-national-book-token-for-your-class for details on how to enter. Good luck!

This competition got me thinking about reading and why I love it so much. Do you enjoy reading and being read to? What do you like most about it? What type of books do you like best? Do you have a favourite book? Maybe you could find out what everyone in your household likes about reading or what their favourite books are.

These are my favourite books:

You might have heard of some of them. I LOVE reading because you have to use your imagination and you can learn about different people, places and times. Reading can make you feel like you are somewhere totally magical and out of this world! You also learn a lot from reading stories because you have a chance to think about things from other points of view. Reading is also a great way to become a good writer, so there are lots of good reasons to keep reading.

I hope you take some time to think about your favourite books this week and to remind yourself how fun and amazing reading and being read to can be! Good luck if you decide to enter the competition – you are all so creative, we would love to see any designs you create.

Take care everyone and have a really lovely day,

Your P1 Teachers

3 thoughts on “Good morning P1! Wednesday 3rd June 2020”

1. Hi Miss Jamieson,
    I saw that you like The Horse and His Boy. My daddy has read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to me, and the Magicians Nephew from the Narnia books and we are going to read the Horse and His Boy next.

I really like stories being read to me.

Iona

1. Hi Iona,
      Your comment made me SO happy! The Narnia stories are my favourite stories (then Harry Potter, then His Dark Materials, although they are maybe for slightly older children) and I am delighted that you are being read them. You will have to let me know if you like The Horse and His Boy. I’m not sure why it is my favourite, I think there is something very special about it though. I’m sure you will love it too. Have you watched any of the Narnia films? The Dawn Treader one is amazing.
      Thank you for getting in touch to tell me this – it has made me smile a lot.
      Take care,
      Mrs Jamieson

2. Hi Mrs Jamieson,
    I have watched Prince Caspian and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but have not seen Voyage of the Dawn Treader yet.

We started reading the Horse and His Boy last night.

Iona.