Good morning P1! Wednesday 27th May 2020

Good morning,

I hope you have your thinking caps on…

… because it is time for some BRAINTEASERS to start the day off right!!!

Number Brainteaser

Can you figure out how to answer the last sum?

You might need an adult to talk it through with. You might like to write your thoughts down, draw some pictures or use a number-line to help you.

Literacy Brainteaser

How many words can you make using the letters in the Boggle grid?

Remember: each letter must touch the previous letter (diagonally is fine!)

Let us know how you got on with your brainteasers and don’t worry if you need to ask an adult to help you!

Take care and have a lovely day,

Your P1 Teachers

4 thoughts on “Good morning P1! Wednesday 27th May 2020”

1. Hi Mrs Jamieson. We think 9 is the answer to the sums. The best word I found is ‘bang’. I hope you are having a nice day. Are you going to go outside with Bennie in the sunshine? Love from Clara

1. Hi Clara!
      Very well done – 9 was the correct answer. You must have worked hard to solve that one. What a great word – I didn’t even realise that you could make a /ng/ sound with those letters but you spotted it, well done! I’m having a lovely day thank you, I took Bennie into the garden at lunchtime and he wanted to eat all the bread that somebody had kindly put out for the birds, I don’t think he was too happy with me when I wouldn’t let him have a feast. Hope you and Arthur are having a lovely day too, from Mrs Jamieson

1. Very good! Wow, that is a lot of words. Great job! I’m super impressed with your Boggle skills. Mrs Jamieson