Good afternoon P1! Wednesday 19th May 2020

Good afternoon P1,

I thought that it would be nice to suggest an art activity that you could try at home if you have some free time this week.

Here is a video which talks about a style of art called Pointillism. I love using pointillism to create bright pieces of art and I hope you will enjoy the activity that the lady suggests in the video.

In the video, the lady mentions putting your name on your picture for the PTA, but you don’t need to worry about that – this is for you to display in your home!

In the video, the lady asks you to create an Autumn Tree using pointillism, but perhaps you could try instead to make a Spring tree to match the season that we are in? Here are some pictures that other artists have done of Spring trees using pointillism.

If you don’t have paints at home just now, you could use marker pens, crayons or colouring pencils to make your little dots!

Send us a picture of your lovely art work if you choose to do this activity at home, we would love to see them.

Stay safe, we miss you,  from your P1 teachers!

2 thoughts on “Good afternoon P1! Wednesday 19th May 2020”

1. Great pointillism video! We can’t see the other artists’ pictures, though. Shona drew one but can’t post it onto this comment:-)