Good afternoon P1! Monday 18th May 2020

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend. Let me know in the comments what nice things you did. My husband baked some very tasty banana and peanut butter muffins this weekend so we sat in the garden to eat them and to read our books.

This week we are continuing our Fairy Tales topic. Perhaps you could try to find out what each person in your family’s favourite fairy tale is and why? Maybe they like one that you haven’t even heard of! I like some of the old Scottish folk stories that my dad used to tell me when I was little. Do you know why I put this photo here?

Our story this week is The Elves and the Shoemaker so I have a challenge for you: can you practise tying your shoe laces? Ask an adult to help you if you can’t do it all by yourself!

What other things could you practise this week to help you become more independent? Zipping your jacket up? Choosing appropriate clothes that match the weather outside? Helping make your own meals? Doing some simple chores around the house or garden?

Let your teacher know what sort of things you have been practising to become more independent. I know some of you have already been doing some of these things, well done!

Have a lovely afternoon,

Take care,

Your P1 Teachers

4 thoughts on “Good afternoon P1! Monday 18th May 2020”

1. Hi Mrs Jamieson,

I have been helping my daddy in the garden by watering the grass seeds. I will try to practise tying my laces. I have little wooden shoes with laces to practice on but they do not fit on my feet!

Love from Clara.

1. Hi Clara,
      Good for you – that sounds like a lovely thing to do together. I’m sure your grass will grow beautifully. Your wooden shoes sound like a great way to practise tying your laces. I’ll let you in on a little secret – I couldn’t tie my laces until I was quite old, and then my mum showed me a different way to do it that I found easier (with two loops) and that’s still what I do now!
      Have a lovely week Clara!
      From Mrs Jamieson

2. Hi Mrs Jamieson.
    This weekend I stayed with my Daddy. We went for a long walk and saw Daddy’s new home. We chose a pink colour to paint my new room there. We also played with my new ball outside. I like to video call my granny and grandad whenever I go to see my Daddy. I am missing my grandparents.
    Love, Chloe.

1. Hi Chloe,
      That sounds like a truly lovely weekend – how exciting that you got to choose a nice colour for your new room at Daddy’s. I bet it will be absolutely beautiful. I’m glad you enjoyed calling your grandparents and I bet they miss you too, how nice for them to see your face when they speak to you! Have a fabby week Chloe, thanks for your comment.
      From, Mrs Jamieson