P2 Learning Reflection for W/E 24.1.20

In numeracy this week P2 have been making links between number bonds for 10 and 20. In number talks we have continued to add multiples of 10 to any number. In writing the children enjoyed creating their own stories about a wee lassie who swallowed a midgie. In PE the class are continuing to  learn gymnastic balances and rolls. They are working in pairs to make up their own floor routine. We finished the week with a great Scottish focus assembly, with bagpipes, drums, poems and songs. Everyone in P2 thought it was braw!

James – I liked doing art because we were drawing a dragon for Chinese New Year. We had to remember to keep our pencils nice and light.

Rory – I enjoyed PE. This week we learned the dish roll and the rocket roll.

Austin – I liked doing the chunking 10 in number talks.

Sevinc – I enjoyed art. We were drawing a vase for Chinese New Year. We had to keep our pencil marks light.

Lewis  – I liked numeracy. We were making friends of 20. 6 +4=10 so 16 + 4=20!

Leighton – I liked numeracy. We were making friends of 20. If you know your friends of 10 then just add on 10 to make a friend of 20.

Lois- I liked art this week. We were drawing a dragon. I liked how you needed to keep your pencil light. We were making it more detailed.

Leo – I liked the assembly today. I liked our song Three Craws.

Poppy – I liked when we were doing art yesterday. It was a little hard cause you had to use your pencil lightly and do different curves.

Charley – I liked art this week. We were trying the keep the pencil nice and light. We are going to rub it out and add more detail to it.

Euan – I liked PE. We did the dish roll and the rocket. My favourite balance was the stork balance.

Nicholas – I love the Chinese New Year vase. We are drawing a dragon on it.

Emma – I enjoyed everyone singing because they had such wonderful sing in assembly. It was really nice!

Kaelan – I liked creating the dragon on the pot. You actually get to create your own dragon. We will go over it in pen and rub out the pencil marks.

Subhan – I liked writing about the Wee Lassie who swallowed a midgie. I wrote about a highland cow, eagle and a midgie.

Isaac – I enjoyed doing the Chinese vase. We were trying to draw a dragon first really lightly. Then you have to press down harder for the eye and eyebrows.

Sushanth – I liked to do the dragon drawing. We need to make the pencil nice and light.

Coben – I liked number talks. There was 3 and 3 that makes 6.

Ziva – I liked the Scottish assembly. People got to say their poem. My favourite poem was our class winner!