P1a Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 24th May

This week in Literacy P1a have learned the ‘ur’ sound and the tricky word some. We made words such as burn, hurt, purse, nurse etc. We played roll and read, Snakes and Ladders and tell ted. In Maths this week we have been continuing to explore measurement. We looked at measuring weight using a pan balance and measuring capacity of containers using words such as half full, full and empty. For IDL we went on a walk around the school grounds looking for signs of nature and created a tally chart of the things we saw such as flowers, birds etc. We also looked at living, non-living and never lived objects. In P.E we continued to practise our skills in Tennis. We used a ball to practise catching and then a racquet to push the ball to a partner. On Thursday we had music again with Mrs Curle. We played rhyming games whilst singing. Some of us got the opportunity to play claves or a drum during one of the games. We had our star of the week circle time and our new star of the week is Ayden. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Isaac: “I enjoyed learning the tricky word some.”

Ayden: “I enjoyed assembly remembering the school values.”

Ziva: “I enjoyed exploring measurement.”

Ch: “I enjoyed Mrs Mill’s assembly about respect.”

Lois: “I enjoyed learning about nature and going outside.”

Leighton: “I liked the assembly and talking about the different touches.”

Euan: “I enjoyed assembly. I liked the songs especially the last one Creativity.”