P2/1 Weekly Learning Reflection Week ending 28th February 2020

This week has been very busy. In Literacy P1 have learned the long vowel sounds ea and oi and the tricky words do and does. We wrote words, built words on our magnetic boards, coloured real and nonsense words and played roll and read. P2 have focused on the ‘ck’ spelling pattern. ‘ck’ comes after a short vowel sound. We looked for them in a word search, made them on magnetic boards and wrote them in rainbow writing.  In writing we thought and wrote about our everyday heroes. In numeracy this week P1 have been learning about halving and quarters. We coloured in halves and quarters of shapes. P2 have been exploring related facts (number bonds). On Thursday P1 had a visit from Mrs Gilchrist who is a midwife. She told us about her job and how she helps ladies when they are having a baby. P2 have been focussing on our assembly about everyday heroes. We have been busy filming and practising our lines. We also learned 2 songs. Thank you very much for coming to our assembly. We hope you enjoyed it.  Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“I enjoyed P2’s assembly about everyday heroes. My favourite part was the songs.”

“I enjoyed our assembly. It was all great.”

“I enjoyed assembly. The songs were really good.”

“I enjoyed our assembly. I liked shouting out our alliteration super hero names.”

“I enjoyed P.E.”

“I enjoyed singing the songs during assembly”

“I enjoyed our assembly. I liked shouting out my name.”

“I enjoyed singing the everyday heroes song at our assembly.”