P2/1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 7/2/2020

This week in Literacy P1 have been learning the long vowel sounds ir and ou and the tricky words what and they. We wrote ir words, built ir and ou words on our magnetic boards and played roll and read. P2 have continued to focus on tricky words. The tricky words we learned this week were thought, bought, caught, anyone, great and once. We looked for them in a word search, made them on magnetic boards, played bingo and wrote them in pyramid spelling.  In writing this week we made a jam sandwich and wrote instructions on how to make a sandwich.  In Maths this week we have been making half past and quarter past times on an analogue clock and a digital clock. We also discussed how many minutes in an hour and how many seconds in a minute. We had our Star of the Week circle time. Murdo is our star of the week. This week as part of Scotland loves languages we have been exploring Spain. We have learned how to say hello, goodbye, thank you and the word for moon in Spanish. We looked at Spain on a map and at their flag. We started our new topic of Superheroes. On Friday we went to assembly which was all about the cost of the school day.  Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“ I liked making the jam sandwich. It was yummy!”

“ I enjoyed assembly. I enjoyed hearing the choir sing.”

“ I enjoyed writing the instructions for making a jam sandwich and getting to eat it.”

“ I enjoyed making a jam sandwich and all of the assembly.”

“I enjoyed learning the new tricky words.”

“ I enjoyed learning how to make sock puppet.”

“ I enjoyed assembly on Friday and making a butter sandwich.”

“ I enjoyed assembly.”

Exciting week in P4

We did lots of different things this week. We have begun to put our profiles on Didbook. We had the computers to do some research on Italy for our Scotland Loves Languages Week.  We have had a good think about what we want to know about the Victorians. Lots more multiplication and division in maths, focussing on column multiplication.

L – I liked the bit when we needed to write about what we know or want to know about the Victorians.

E – I enjoyed going on Didbook

J – I liked maths where we were doing it on the whiteboards and we all had to show the answers at the same time.

R – I liked when we did the posters and found out about Italy and did research.

A – I liked doing my profile on Didbook when I wrote my favourite superhero. It was fun.

S – I enjoyed to go on Didbook and fill in my details.

O – I liked when we did the research on Italy. In our group we found out that the volcano Vesuvius was over 300000 years old.

E – I liked the assembly today because I got a certificate for pupil of the week. I feel quite proud.

Please return EE2 and money for the badminton festival as soon as possible.

P6 this week

We had fun learning about shale at Almond Valley museum with Amy. In maths we learned about equivalent fractions. We have added targets and information to our Didbook. We got the large equipment out in gymnastics. We learned about different planets in science. We finished our peer mediation training.