Welcome to the Year of the Rat!

Today we all enjoyed learning about Chinese New Year from Primary 3 who had their assembly presentation.

Going back through the week we have had a big focus on numeracy and looking at a wide variety of strategies for multiplying and dividing. Ask your children about arrays, repeated addition or subtractions, groups, sharing, using a number line or making links with times tables.

We have all completed our gymnastics routines and have peer assessed each group. There are some amazingly brave and bendy pupils in this class, and there were some super creative ideas in every routine.

In literacy we have had our first opportunity to borrow books from our new library. We are learning to write a Procedure and will be writing a recipe to begin with. We are also learning about proper nouns and present tense verbs.

With Karen from NYCOS we have been learning about ta, tete and rests and also about pitch (Soh and Mi).

D – I liked the booklet of maths because it gets me better at division.

L –  I liked the P3 assembly especially the video of the Lion Dance.

A – I enjoyed indoor break because I got to make 2 comics.

F – I like when we got the laptops out because we’ve not had much time with them before. It was good getting our own login.

J – I liked the assembly because I got a certificate and I’m proud of it.

E – I liked when we went to the library and got to choose our own book and get it scanned.

E – I enjoyed doing the routines in gymnastics.

H – I liked yesterday when we got the laptops because I have a funny password.

L – I liked the gymnastics routines because we got to peer assess them.

A – I enjoyed music when we learned a song about lemonade.

L – I liked learning how to write a recipe.

K – I liked the gymnastics when we all did our routines and it was good to hear all the feedback.