P1 Weekly Update 10.01.2020

Happy New Year!

It was lovely to welcome all the children back and hear their stories from the Christmas break.  Thanks to everyone for their lovely Christmas wishes, cards and gifts.  It is lovely of you to think of us and is much appreciated.  The children have returned refreshed and have been very enthusiastic about planning a new design layout for our classroom.  We have had great fun rearranging the different areas.

This week’s particular highlight was the new arrival of large blocks which have sparked some fantastic play.  The children worked well in pairs or small groups to build some amazing structures.  We also had to do some problem solving as we tried to work out how best to fit all the bricks into the new storage unit, this proved challenging!

We have revamped our house corner which has encouraged more engaging play and the children have been asking if we could get some dressing up clothes so if you have anything you’d like to clear out and think would be suitable for the children to role play in, please do sent it in.  Thanks.

We talked about New Year’s resolutions and how sometimes people make promises of things they can change or do better.  The children chatted about taking more exercise or eating more healthily.

In assembly Mrs Mill spoke to us about managing our worries and we learned that it is best to talk about things that are worrying us.  We also read a story in class today called Lion’s In A Flap which was all about Lion managing his worries.

Here’s some of the children’s comments about their week:-

Georgie – I liked learning our new sounds igh, ay, ee, ow.

Ruby – I liked learning the sounds too.

Sophie – I liked the assembly when Mrs Mill told us all about managing our worries.

Isla – I liked the assembly, learning new sounds and when we got the new blocks.

Nieve – I liked playing with the new bricks and building castles with Sahasra, Elise and Isla.

Penelope – I liked playing with the blocks.

Elise – I liked when me and Nieve were playing in the house corner together.  I liked that it has moved.

Emelia- I enjoyed playing with the bricks.

Piotr – I like the house corner.

Lucia – I liked playing with Isla and Eva in the new house corner.

Have a lovely weekend.