P1b Learning Reflection for W/E 14.06.19

Poppy – I liked doing the assembly, I was a caterpillar. The singing part was good, I like the caterpillar song.

Hiba – My assembly was my highlight because the song is cool.

Austin – I liked the one planet picnic. We had snacks with no litter or waste. I had my snack in a box.

Teria –  I liked maths this week. We are learning about directions. We can communicate with the beebot so that it goes to the left and right and forward and backwards.

Charley – I liked the assembly. I liked wearing the butterfly wings. It was about the life cycle of a butterfly. First a butterfly lays an egg on a leaf then a caterpillar hatches out. It eats its egg shell then leaves. Then it makes a chrysalis and turns into a butterfly.

Solomia – I like wearing the hats in assembly. I had an egg on a leaf for the assembly.

James – I liked our assembly because it was about the life cycle of a butterfly. My favourite part is the song. We had hats on, I was a caterpillar.

Nicholas – I love assembly. I was an egg on a leaf.

Subhan – I liked the one planet picnic.  We had healthy stuff, I had carrot and grapes.

Sushanth – I liked the assembly. I got three speaking parts. I said, we like to call ourselves caterpillars. My second one is, but then we start to have so many problems, our skill feels too small and our body feels too big. The last one is, this is the third stage the pupa stage!

Alister – I liked the assembly. Because we were all saying our words and everybody got a part. Our mummies and daddies and grannies and grandads came to see it.

Lewis – I liked the assembly. I was caterpillar 5!

Kaelan – I liked the P1 assembly. I liked the hungry caterpillar story. I told everyone about a chrysalis and then it popped out with a beautiful butterfly.

Christian – We did our assembly. I said thank you for being a quality audience!

P1a Learning Reflection W/E 14th June

In Literacy this week P1 have learned the new sound ‘oa’ as in boat and the tricky word watch. We taught ted how to write oa words, played roll and read, wrote the oa sound and oa words and completed a worksheet all about oa. In writing we wrote about our magic moments from our year in Primary 1. There was quite a range from learning how to read to taking part in our nativity. In Maths this week we were continuing to learn about symmetry and created more symmetrical patterns. In Numeracy we practised our doubles and number bonds to 20 through playing games. We held our star of the week circle time and Ziva is our new star. On Wednesday we had our sharing assembly for challenging our mind set. The majority of the week was taken up with preparation for our assembly about the life cycle of a butterfly. We had great fun learning our lines and song. Miss Maclachlan is very proud of how quick we learned our lines and how confident we have all become. We hope you enjoyed our assembly and thank you for coming along. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Ch: “I enjoyed all of our assembly.”

Sam: “I enjoyed assembly. I loved singing the song even although kneeling hurt my knees.”

Ziva: “I enjoyed assembly and watching the Hungry Caterpillar.”

Ayden: “I found learning the new sound oa easy.”

Leighton: “I enjoyed being a caterpillar. I also enjoyed the sharing assembly on Wednesday.”

Lois: “I enjoyed having our parents watching our assembly and I thought my friends looked great.”

Euan: “I enjoyed all of our assembly on the life cycle of a butterfly.”

Isaac: “I enjoyed our assembly.”

Sevinc: “I enjoyed our assembly and saying my lines.”