P1a Learning Reflection W/E 7/6/19

Another busy week for Primary 1. In maths we have been investigating symmetry. We have learned what symmetrical means and identified lines of symmetry in shapes, pictures and patterns. We had a go at creating symmetrical pictures of our own. In Literacy we learned two new sounds ai and ow and the tricky word they. We completed worksheets where we had to write words with the sounds ai and ow, played roll and read and did handwriting. In writing we wrote about our trip to Mill Farm. We had to include at least three things that we did. We have a new star of the week. It is Emma. This week with the nursery we were learning about the Life Cycle of a chicken. We watched a video and then completed a worksheet where we had to cut and stick the pictures in the right order. We sorted living, non-living and never lived objects into the correct columns. On Friday, we went to Primary 2’s assembly on Minibeasts. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:
Sam: “I learned what symmetry means. It was a little tricky completing the pictures to make them symmetrical.”
Euan: “I found it tricky completing the pictures to ensure they were symmetrical.”
Sevinc: “I enjoyed learning about the life cycle of a chicken with the Nursery.”
Lois: “I enjoyed the star of the week circle time and listening to what makes Emma special.”
Isaac: “I enjoyed Primary 2’s assembly. My favourite part was the minibeast song.”
Ayden: “I enjoyed learning the new sounds and making words with these sounds.”
Murdo: “I learned the new sound ai.”