P1a Learning Reflection W/E 3rd May 2019

What a busy week P1 have had. In Literacy this week we have learned two split diagraphs. They are i-e and o-e. We used these sounds to make and write words, looked for words in a word search and played roll and read. In numeracy, we were solving problems using the look for a pattern strategy. Also we practised adding and subtracting within 20. We learned more about Oor Wullie this week and created our own comic strip adventures to be considered for decorating the school’s Oor Wullie statue. We enjoyed listening to some of Oor Wullie’s adventures. In art we got the opportunity to draw daffodils. Our first project of the term is going to be about nature. This was our choice. We brainstormed what we knew about nature and what we would like to learn. We have a new star of the week. It is Leighton. On Friday we enjoyed Primary 7’s assembly on sport and why it is important. Hope you have a lovely long weekend. Here are a few of the children’s reflections on their learning:

Lois: “I enjoyed learning the i-e and o-e sounds.”

Ch: “I enjoyed P7’s assembly on sport.”

Murdo: “I enjoyed the assembly and singing the Eye of the Tiger.”

Ayden: “I enjoyed the assembly.”

Leighton: “I learned that sport is important.”

Rory: “I enjoyed paying Leighton a compliment and drawing his star.”

Isaac: “I enjoyed learning the i-e sound.”

Euan: “I enjoyed thinking about what I wanted to learn and getting to choose the project.”