P1a Learning Reflection W/E 18th January

Another busy week in Primary 1. In literacy, we have learned two new diagraphs, these were nk and ng. We also learned a new tricky word. It is was. In writing, we all set our self a new year’s resolution. Some of us have decided we need to tidy our rooms, some have said to listen to mum and dad and some want to do more exercise. In Maths this week we have been exploring time. We have been sequencing the days of the week, sorting pictures into a daily routine and creating a poster of the various ways we can tell the time. We learned about the most famous dog in Scotland, Greyfriars Bobby. We listened to his story and we created our own Greyfriars Bobby. In French we learned how to count to 10. Ask your child and see if they can remember them. In Science, we were watching and drawing ice melt. We also played in the water tray and watched ice melt in it. In P.E our focus has been gymnastics. We have been making different shapes such as a flying saucer, sitting star and when making these shapes we have had to show strength and control over them. We also learned two jumps, a star jump and a rocket jump. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Sam: “I enjoyed word building with our new sounds nk and ng.”

Isaac: “I found number talks tricky.”

Sevinc: “I enjoyed doing our speedy sounds.”

Leighton: “I enjoyed finding out where Scotland is. I liked colouring in Scotland on a map.”

Ziva: ” I found it tricky counting to 10 in French.”

Lois: “I enjoyed learning the tricky word was.”

Rory: “I found it tricky learning to count to 10 in French.”