P3 Weekly Reflection 12.10.18

I can’t quite believe we’re at the end of term already, what a busy term it’s been.  This week has been no exception!  We baked bannocks and butter on Monday, had a visitor on Tuesday who was watching our Number Talks lesson, we played some great games with Miss Donald in PE on Thursday and then celebrated Harvest at the Church service.  Here are some of the children’s highlights this week:-

Kaitlyn “Making the bread on Monday and the picture we did in Art”

William “I enjoyed doing symmetry in Art when we drew the other half of our faces.”

Elisha “Making the bread and the line drawing to complete my portrait.”

Emma F “I enjoyed filling in the missing numbers on the number lines.”

Finn “I liked drawing the other part of the face and I liked Sebastian’s, it was really good.”

Harris St “Making the rest of the tractors.”

Luke N “I enjoyed going to church.”

Lakshya “I liked the symmetry.”

Joe “I liked when we were sharing our learning.”

Olly enjoyed when Emma gave out sweets to celebrate her birthday.  He thought this was a good example of compassion.

This week Anna lost her tooth and the children were interested to find out what would happen if we left it in some coke.  After three days the children were horrified with the affect the coke had on the tooth.  We discussed why we should only drink fizzy drinks occasionally and why it is important to brush our teeth properly when we’ve been drinking them.  William’s tooth is getting ready to fall out and he would like to see what happens to it if we put it in iron bru.  Perhaps we can pick up on this learning after the holiday.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support in their child’s learning and for attending learning consultations this week.  I wish you all a safe and happy October break and look forward to hearing all about it when the children return on Tuesday 23rd October.