P1a’s Learning Reflection W/E 5.10.18

In numeracy, we have been doing Number Talks. We have been looking at dot patterns and discussing how many dots and how we saw them. We have been learning to identify patterns and copy and complete these patterns. In writing we worked with a partner to create an acrostic poem about Autumn. We had to brainstorm good words. This week we learned the sounds c and k. They are yellow sounds. We also learned the tricky word said. In science with Mrs Fraser we looked at hard and soft. We made the brick and straw houses from the Three Little Pigs. In P.E, we played the traffic lights game. We also worked on our hand eye co-ordination and balance. We put a bean bag on our heads and walked, jogged and ran around the room whilst trying to keep the bean bag on our head. We also practiced throwing and catching the beanbag.  We designed our Christmas card and it is being sent away today. We drew pictures of what we liked to do with our families. Today we are bringing home our jotters to share our learning with you. Please can these jotters be returned to school on Monday. Thank you. Here are a few of the children’s reflections on learning this week:

Ch: “I found it hard to write kicking k”

Leighton: “I found writing the acrostic poem about Autumn tricky.”

Coben: “I learned the new sounds c and k.”

Isaac: “I found it tricky writing our new sound kicking k.”

Euan: “I found patterns and number talks tricky.”

Ziva:” I enjoyed learning the new sounds.”

Ayden: “I found my homework really easy this week.”