Our first week in P6…

We learned about the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child.  We had to read all 54 articles and choose 3 which we felt were important to our class.  We will use our Class Charter to remind us of these rights and explain how we will ensure everyone’s rights are met.  We are in the process of creating a Class Charter using a phone and emoji theme.

“I enjoyed designing my emoji.  It was based on Grumpy Cat.” – Matthew

We did a STEM challenge which was to build a structure at least 30cm tall which could support the weight of an orange for at least 10 seconds.  We could only use newspaper, scissors and tape.  All teams completed the challenge so we then extended it to see who could amend their structure to hold the most oranges.

“I enjoyed the challenge because we started to build it and then we had to think to improve it.” – Murray

“We enjoyed eating the oranges at the end because our team won!” – Natalie & Hayley D

In PE we played the Hoop Hop Showdown where you have to jump in hoops until you meet someone from an opposing team.  When you meet, you play Rock, Paper, Scissors and the winner stays on.  You have to watch carefully so you know when it’s your turn.

“It was really great and fun, yo!” – Charlie & Callan

“It was amazing!” – Lewis

“It was really fun and then at football training we did something similar.” – Calum

Here are some of the things we are looking forward to:

“I want to do Science and Art.” – Jamie

We started reading the novel “Holes” by Louis Sacher and we can’t wait to find out more!

We are all looking forward to learning new topics!

You can see photos and videos of our learning on Twitter! @MissMarnie2 @LiviVillagePS