Attention Stargazers!

A couple of exciting things for you to get out and see over the next few nights:
Tonight Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite ‘train’ will be passing over head from South West to East at 9:58pm (just in case you are still awake at this time).
You can find the exact times here –
https://findstarlink.com/#1523;3
I’ve not seen them before so I’m very much looking forward to this! You should be able to see them without the need for a telescope or binoculars.
This week you can also see the Lyrid meteor shower which happens around this time every year. It is set to peak tomorrow (Tuesday) night, and if you are lucky you could see between 10-15 meteors an hour!
It’s always a good idea to go outside at least 15 minutes beforehand to allow your eyes to adjust to the darkness and give yourself the best chance of spotting something. Make sure you wrap up warm (I like to take a nice hot chocolate out with me too)
I’m looking forward to hearing all of your stargazing finds!
Fingers crossed for a clear night!
Have fun!
Mrs Beattie 💫