P5/6 Thursday 11th June

Please do the work that is most appropriate for you. I set a lot of different activities so that you can choose what is best for your own personal learning.

Maths: This seems to be working well for everyone: all of you seem to have material that is appropriate. Finish money first and then move onto measure. I think all 4 parts of TJay 2a Chapter 13 (a,b,c and d) are useful. This will help support your work on decimals to 3 places. If you have finished these you could do TJay 2a revision work on decimals: Chapters 5 and 7

TJay 1b TJay 2a TJay 2b
Money Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 7
Measure Chapter 15 Chapter 13a,b,c and d Chapter 13

The activities in “Education City” at the moment are mostly to support your learning on fractions. I am adding some literacy/grammar activities.

A lot of you seem to be really interested in Martin Luther King. Ethan has created a HotPotatoes quiz on him. Please try it. I have put 2 different fact files and an easier reading comprehension into the ”MLK” folder – unfortunately I still haven’t worked out how to separate pages of the Adobe documents. I first put this work together for you for the Tuesday of last week, 2nd June. Why? Why for that day? Why did I think it was important for you? Why is MLK relevant to us all today? Please think about these questions. You could use them, the information that I have supplied combined with any research you undertake. You could then choose how to present this work: a poster, a PowerPoint, a HotPotatoes quiz (could be very challenging or easier for younger children), an essay, a letter (who would you write to?). As usual, use your imaginations! You might also want to use your recent learning on persuasive writing.

Please also continue with our recent work on up-levelling , using Self Assessment strategies including two stars and a wish.

Don’t forget the work in Mrs Lockhart’s folder and “Covid Related Activities” and exercise with Joe.

I have a meeting on Thursday morning so won’t be around to support you during that time but I will check in briefly before and be on-line for you in the afternoon.

Take care!