Thursday 11th June 2020

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed yesterdays “Wellness Wednesday” activities. Instead of a good morning quote I thought it would be a good idea to start the day with a song. The song below is from the Learning Station and I know how much you love singing their songs. So enjoy sharing this song with someone at home. It will make you smile!

I hope you have all managed to collect your new learning packs from school and enjoy working through the tasks. Some activities for you to try today.

Activity 1  Phonics –     igh sound

L.I. to understand that 3 letters can make 1 sound

L.I. to read and spell words in sentences with this pattern

S.C. I can say the sound to match the letter shape

S.C. I can blend this sound with other sounds to read words and sentences

S.C. I can read and write sentences with  igh words in them

On Tuesday I introduced you to our new sound from Inky’ Vowel House igh

Today I would like you to unscramble the sentences below. You may find it helpful to copy the words onto pieces of paper and move them around until your  sentence  makes sense. Good Luck!

Challenge – in your new learning pack there is a Phase 3 Roll and Read – igh game. Roll the dice and test yourself, how many igh words do you recognise?

Activity 2 –   Reading

L.I. to read words and sentences

S.C.I can use pictures from the text as a clue to help me recognise unfamiliar words

S.C. I can use the words that I know in a sentence to help predict what a unfamiliar word could be

S.C. I can answer questions about a text to demonstrate my understanding

S.C. I can re-tell the story using pictures

New book today from Oxford Owls – www.oxfordowl.co.uk, my class login, deansprimary1, reading, e-books, age 5-6 then scroll down to Fright Night.

Enjoy sharing the story with someone at home. Can you answer the questions to chat about at the front of the book? Can you re-tell the story using the pictures at the back of the book?

Activity 3 –  Number Clipart Numeracy - Literacy Clip Art , Free Transparent ... Number Talks

L.I. to identify the number of objects in a set quickly, without counting

S.C. I can show the steps I took to solve a problem

S.C. I can explain why I did it the way I did

S.C. I can check my answers and make sure they are correct

Remember Number Talks are all about how you solve a task mentally. For this activity, don’t use anything to help you, just your brain!

For each card (8 cards on each slide)- How many dots do you see and how do you see them? Explain how you counted them, Is there a different way to do it? Which is the fastest most efficient way?

Remember to ask someone at home to test you on your daily 10 (addition, subtraction, time. money length etc.)

L.I to match numbers to their number name

S.C. I can match a number to its written name for example 5 to five, 8 to eight etc.

There is one activity I would like you to complete from your old learning pack. It’s called Number Names – Home activity 10 (use home sheets 23 and 24) Sheet 23 has numbers 0 to 20 and Sheet 24 number names zero to twenty. You can cut out the numbers and the number name cards and play a matching game or, turn a card over how many more to make 10 or 20 similarly with subtraction, when you turn a card over can you subtract it from 10/20 etc. Challenge – can you create your own game?

Activity 4 – Random Acts of Wildness

Today’s challenge- You can picnic in the garden or at the park. I know the birds would love a snack of fruit, cheese or seeds. Enjoy!

Activity – 5      science clipart for kids 20 free Cliparts | Download images on ...

As I have mentioned in previous blogs the Glasgow Science Center and posting activities and experiments for you to try at home. I think you may enjoy this one. It’s called Design-a-Saurus you can probably guess what it is about. Enjoy!

Have a fantastic day and I will be back tomorrow with some more activities!