Another fantastic week in P3/4!

P.E

Our week began with some Scottish dancing in P.E. We were learning the ‘Gay Gordons’. The children picked this dance up pretty quickly. They all worked  collaboratively in their pairs and showed each other respect. It certainly got us moving, especially when we added the music.

Anton: “I enjoyed dancing with a partner”.

Anna: “Learning the dance was a fun challenge”.

Maths and Numeracy

In numeracy we were continuing with the addition of whole 3-digit numbers without carrying. Next week we will start to look at carrying numbers over using the column number strategy.

In maths we continued to use our time story book to challenge our learning. The focus this week was the time in 24hr. The children worked really hard during this session. I am sure our class could be heard cheering each time we got a right answer!

Kiera “It was very hard but we all worked together to find the correct time”.

Health and Wellbeing

This weeks focus within our celebrating difference topic was around bullying. The children were asked what they would/should do if they were to witness any signs of bullying. They were also asked to discuss the difference between bullying and falling out with a friend. As this sometimes is something that gets misunderstood. We spoke about how as a school we should always use kind words and respect one another.

Science

In science this week, P3/4 and P4 got together to learn all about viruses and how they can be spread. The children watched part of ‘operation ouch’ to gain a deeper understanding of how viruses spread and how we can avoid this happening. After, Mrs Morrison and I demonstrated what happens when we all sneeze using a balloon, some flour and a very sharp pencil. This was a really fun experiment. Lets just say my carpet wasn’t blue for long!!

Kara: “I loved it when the balloon was popped and the flour went everywhere”.

The children learned about similes this week, they really enjoyed coming up with their own and sharing these with the class. The class will be set the challenge to begin to use these in their creative writing.

For writing this week we worked on the final part of our series of lessons. We used our work from last week to help us create our first drafts of our fantastic Viking stories. The class were able to look back at their characters that they had created and the settings that they had described to help them hook their audience. Before the lesson had ended pupils shared some of their stories and peer assessed others work.

Sophie “I really enjoyed this task, it was fun and interesting”.

Emily “I learned about similes this week, I was able to include them in my writing”.

P3/4 have worked really hard again this week! Well done everyone!