P5 talk about Bullying.

Maths

This week we continued to learn about the properties of 3d shape and consolidated our learning through playing online games on the laptops.

The class went outside to hunt for 2d and 3d shapes.

Lewis – I have improved my ability to name 3d shapes.

During the week we have been practising our maths and numeracy skills on Sumdog and have been involved in competing against other schools.

We came 262nd out of 2184 schools.

We also learnt about negative numbers and practised placing them on scales and counting forwards and backwards using negative numbers.

Eva – I liked learning about negative numbers.

When practising our multiplication skills we have been discussing how to work out calculations using various strategies. These have included arrays, grouping and counting in regular steps.

Watching funny videos has also helped with our learning.

Nicholas – I am getting better at recalling my times tables.

Reading

We used various strategies to improve our fluency and expression in group reading.

Writing

We completed our information fact file about Christmas in Spain and learnt about the different features that information texts have. These are fantastic!

Science

Georgie – I enjoyed the eye experiment and learning about the structure of the eye. We watched each other’s eyes and when the lights were turned down our pupils got bigger!

Health

P.E.

We were unable to use the hall on Monday and so practised our fitness and Zumba skills in the classroom. However on Wednesday we were able to practise our shooting and dribbling skills during a basketball session.

Circle Time

In circle time we discussed bullying. We learnt that name calling and spreading rumours can be just as hurtful as physical bullying. We discussed strategies in order to handle bullying.

Finally…

We talked about how to improve our classroom and playground  environment and came up with some great ideas. Watch this space!