P6/5 Wednesday 13th January

Tuesday 13th January 2020

P6/5 Daily Plan

Hello again! Please remember that “Teams” gets really busy during the day so you are better off accessing the resources you need from “Files” the night before. Please also do not to start a new conversation in “Posts”. I will create one when I upload this. Please also remember it is not the correct platform for chat. Please keep your posting and pinging to the minimum, as this will make it easier for you to find things and be less distracting. Another plea: make sure you read this document and the timetable as it has a lot of answers to the questions you are asking. I have added some more activities for you to “Education City Homework”. There are loads of other really interesting activities in their as well. The other website I love is the BBC: check this out (and generally look at their site):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000h2st/bitesize-scotland-primary-1-maths-1

Reading: I will read the class novel “Wonder” live after morning check ins. The follow up activity is the role of Summariser from Literacy Circles. A sheet to support you with this can be found here: Teams > P 5-6 Mr Colverson > Files > Class Materials > Literacy. However having seen the work produced for Predictor I think most of you will need more space and be better off writing this activity into a jotter

Numeracy: LI To multiply (and divide) by 10 (100, 100). Again I will try to do a live teach for this as timetabled. I will start with TJ Book 2a (this can be found here: Teams > P 5-6 Mr Colverson > Files > Class Materials > Maths and Numeracy) page 24, and then progress onto page 25. For those of you that want to really challenge yourselves try the “How do I plan a simple budget?” activity here:

https://rbs.mymoneysense.com/teachers/remote-learning/?utm_source=NSP&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RBS7&utm_content=RBS7-067&dm_i=4C7I,ZJHV,24F84E,4G936,1

Spelling: I have up-loaded (into this file: Teams > P 5-6 Mr Colverson > Files > Class Materials > Spelling) the overviews for P5 and P6, as well as P4 and P2, which you can use for additional support. There is also the Fry’s list of common words. I have also up-loaded a list of spelling activities.

P6 P5 S1 S2
cough, fierce, necessary, sequence, answer, creation, finally, neighbour jaundice, jealous, jaws, jay, jaw, juggle

right, bright, high, fight, flight, tonight, fright, night, might, tight, thigh their

some

them

last

because