Last Week of Term!! Happy Monday P1/2 22.06.20

Happy Monday Everyone!

God morning boys and girls, I can’t believe we have made it to the last week of term! Don’t worry if you haven’t made it all the way through your packs, you can keep them to complete any time in the future.  So for this week let’s continue with our class trip to Disney.

Disney Day Three…

Reading

P1: Look closely at the pictures and see if you can spot any sounds/CVC words/common words. Record yourself saying or write the sounds or reading the words. You could create your own picture and hide words for somebody else to find. There are 3 pictures so that you can choose your challenge.

P2: Look closely at the picture and see if you can spot any of your word tub words. Once you have found and read the words, practice each one in your purple jotter.

Learning Intention: I am learning to read words.

Success Criteria:

P1: I can blend sounds to read words. I can read some common words.

P2: I can read words using the spelling patterns that I have learnt.

Writing

P1: Make a postcard to tell somebody all about your virtual trip to Disney Land! You will need to draw a detailed picture on one side and write your message on the other side. Challenge: Can you write the person’s address?

P2: Write a diary entry about your day at Disney Land, remember to include what you did at various times throughout the day. How descriptive can you be?

Learning Intention: I am learning to share my experiences in a postcard/diary.

Success Criteria:

P1: I can share my experiences with others. I can write short words.

P2: I can share my experiences. I can add detail to make my writing more interesting.

If you have access to a printer I have included a postcard template below. Don’t forget to use your writing targets, can you share them with an adult? Think about what all good writers do.

blank postcard template

Here is a snack menu from Disney Land.

P1: Circle the snack that you would like, and choose the correct coins to pay for it. Challenge: How much change would you get if you paid with a 10p coin?

P2: Circle 2 snacks that you would like, how much will it cost all together? Use the coins to pay for the items. Challenge: How many ice creams could you get for 50p?

Learning Intention: I am learning to use coins to make amounts.

Success Criteria:

• I can use coins to make amounts.
  • I can give change.
  • I can add amounts together.

Health and Wellbeing

Watch the clip of Ratatouille (Miss Cole’s favourite movie). Can you help to prepare a meal or snack today? You could look at a recipe with an adult if they are using one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLKPDJqldw

P1 -Decide what snack you would like to prepare, you could get a grown up to film you preparing the snack and talking about what you are doing, almost like your own mini cooking show.

P2 – As above but you could also write down the recipe/instructions for somebody to follow.

Learning Intention: I am learning to prepare and cook food.

Success Criteria:

• I can follow a recipe.
  • I can chop, peel and spread.
  • I can be safe in the kitchen.

IDL

• P1: Mickey has asked for your help to design a new ride for Disney Land! You could draw your ride, video yourself describing it, or build it out of blocks, recycling etc. Have a look at the example below for some inspiration.
  • P2: As above and then you could make a poster to advertise your ride if you wish – remember to include the price, height limit and any safety rules that you have.

Learning Intention: I am learning to design a rollercoaster.

Success Criteria:

• I can plan my design.
  • I can think about how to make the ride interesting.
  • I can think about safety features.

That’s all for today boys and girls, I hope you are enjoying our virtual trip to Disney. I will be back here tomorrow with some more activities for you all.

Mrs Stevenson