Primary 2 – Monday 22nd June 2020

See the source image

Good Morning Primary 2! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I really cannot believe it, but this is our final week in Primary 2! This week, I will be posting some super fun activities for you to work through to finish off our year.

End of the year questions

Here are 2 new questions for you to discuss with someone at home. Remember, these questions help you to reflect on your year and identify what went well and what your next steps might be for next year!

1. What is your favourite part of the day in our class? Why is it your favourite?
  2. What is something that you taught your teacher or your classmates this year? What did you teach them?

Cardboard Tube Monsters

Your challenge is to make a cardboard tube monster! Make your monster as unique and crazy as you can! If you do not have all the materials listed, use your imagination and see what you can find to use instead. I would love to see your finished monsters! Please send a photo of you and your monster to wldeans-ps@westlothian.org.uk. Remember to include the name of your monster in the email too. I cannot wait to see how creative you all have been!

Design your own Tablet game

I know many of you love to play games on your tablets or phones. I thought it would be great fun if you could design your very own game! Have a think about the following points for your game:

• What is your game called?
  • Who are the characters in your game?
  • What is the setting of your game?
  • How many players is the game for?
  • Does your game have music?
  • What age is your game for?
  • How do you win the game?

Use the template below to draw the main screen of your game and then write at least 4 sentences which will make people want to play your game.

Watch the number bonds videos below to remind yourself of number bonds to 10 and 20. Once you have watched the videos, I have attached a great game for you to practice addition! I had a go myself and it was so much fun! You can select whatever level you like but remember it is great to challenge yourself!

Robot Addition Game – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/addition/robot-addition

Alphabet

Watch the videos below to remind yourself of alphabet facts. See if you can discuss the questions with someone at home.

• How many vowels are there?
  • What are the vowels?
  • How many letters are there in the alphabet?
  • What is the first letter of the alphabet?
  • What is the last letter of the alphabet?
  • What is the middle letter of the alphabet?

Have a great day everyone!