Terrific Thursday! Primary 1/2 18.06.20

Good Morning Everyone!

Hi Boys and Girls, I hope you all had lots of fun on Sports day and of course taking part in all the wonderful Wellbeing Wednesday activities. You can keep working through your new packs of home learning but for today, let’s continue with our virtual class trip to Disney.

Disney Day Two

Health and Wellbeing

Safety Rules

Look at the video of Disney Land. Can you think of any rules or things that you would need to do to keep safe at the park? Think about what you should do on rides, who you would speak to and any extra rules that you can think of.

Extension/P2: Create a safety poster to display the rules. Remember to include a key message making your poster, bright, colourful and eye-catching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZfIlxwsfI

Learning Intention: I am learning to identify ways to keep myself safe.

Success Criteria:

• P1: I can explain ways that I can keep myself safe

P2: I can explain how to keep myself and others safe. I can display my ideas in an effective way

Look at the map of Disney Land. Can you find your way through the map? Can you remember why we need maps, what are some of the key features of a map?

Here are your instructions….

1 Start at the Entrance and go to Donald’s house boat.

2 Start at the log flume and go to the rollercoaster.

3 Start at the pond and go to the Frozen ride.

P2 Challenge: Can you give detailed directions on how to get from each place to the next. For example, “Turn left then go straight until you get to the pond”.

Learning Intention: I am learning to read a map and give directions.

Success Criteria:

• P1: I can use a simple map.

P2: I can give detailed directions on how to get somewhere

Writing

Watch the Monsters Inc ride clip, it is a 360 degree experience so you can drag the screen to see all around you.

Design your own monster and record yourself describing them (or you can write them down). Are they kind, scary, fluffy, angry? Can you think of any other ways to describe them? Remember these describing words are called adjectives.

Challenge/P2 – Create a story where your monster is the main character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDNUXa5sIHU

Learning Intention: I am learning to describe a character.

Success Criteria:

P1: I can create a character. I can describe the qualities of a character. 

P2: I can write a story with a main character.

Don’t forget all those important things that a good writer does… letters on the line, full stops, capital letters…oh the list goes on… remind your adult what we do in class!

IDL

Weather

Disney Land is in Orlando in America.

Find out what the weather is like in Orlando today. Is it sunny, cloudy or windy? What is the temperature?

You can use the BBC weather website to help you find this information.

Extension: What is the weather and temperature here? Is it hotter or colder?

P2 Extension: How many degrees hotter/colder is Orlando than Livingston today?

Learning Intention: I am learning to identify and compare the weather in various places.

Success Criteria:

P1: I can identify the weather. I understand the weather is different around the world. 

P2: I can find out the temperature in various parts of the world. I can compare temperatures.

Reading

Listen to ‘Under the Sea’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_mV1IpjWA

P1: Why does Sebastian think it is better to live under the sea? Record yourself explaining 2 reasons from the song.

P2: You could identify 2 reasons as above and then also think about why it might not be better to live on land. You could create your own short song/verse to convince Sebastian if you wish!

Learning Intention: I am learning to listen for understanding.

Success Criteria:

P1: I can listen carefully. I can recall information that I have heard.  

P2: I can recall information that I have heard. I can question what I have heard – do I agree? Is that really best?

That’s all for today boys and girls, I hope you have had fun on Day Two of our Disney Adventure. Mrs Lockhart will be posting tomorrow on the blog and I will be back here on Monday for some more Disney fun! Have a great weekend, miss you all!

Mrs Stevenson