Primary 2 – Thursday 11th June 2020

Happy Thursday Tomorrows Friday Pictures, Photos, and Images for ...

Good morning everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the Wellbeing Wednesday activities as much as I did! Here are some activities for the day to go along with your learning packs.

Writing

Mrs Anderson has set you a writing challenge! Write a postcard to a friend from your dream holiday. Let your imagination run wild. Tell your friend where you are and what you have been doing. Use the template below for your postcard and remember to make it bright and colourful!

Powerpoint Postcard Template | The highest quality PowerPoint ...

Here are a few more word problems. Remember to read the question carefully and identify the correct process before working out the answer (addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division).

1. Iain has 2 friends and baked 8 cakes. How many cakes should each friend get if they all have the same amount?
  2. There are 12 slices of pizza and 4 people. How many slices of pizza should each person eat?
  3. 18 children were having lunch. Half of them finished their lunch and went outside. How many children are left?
  4. I ate my dinner at 6:30pm and had a snack 2 hours later. What time did I have a snack?
  5. A chicken is 50cm tall. A rooster is 10cm shorter than a chicken. What height is a rooster?

Comprehension

Watch the story of “The Three Little Pigs” and answer the questions below.

1. Why did the pigs move out of their mum’s house?
  2. How do you think the pigs were feeling about building their own houses?
  3. What did the second pig build his house out of?
  4. Use 3 adjectives to describe the wolf.
  5. What happens to the big bad wolf at the end of the story?
  6. What would you use to build your house? Why?

Art

Today, I would like you to make your very own photo frame! You can use natural materials (e.g. sticks and leaves etc) or materials you have around your house (e.g. paper, pom poms etc). Once you have made your frame, stick a photo of yourself or something else in it! I have attached some pictures for ideas. Happy creating!

See the source imageDIY Pom Pom picture frame (With images) | Crafts, Preschool crafts ...

Reading

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/?selLanguage=en&mode=hub.

username – deansprimary2      password – missborsbey

What is your favourite and least favourite parts of the story? Why?

Green group – The snowman

Purple group – The birthday cake

Pink group – The toy’s party

Yellow group – Tiger’s family

Blue group – The dragon balloon

Have a great day everyone!