Boomwhackers!

Music

This week we made music using Boomwhackers. The different sizes represent different pitches. We tapped them on the ground and made a tune using different notes. It was great fun!

P.E.

We continued learning about rugby and developed our tackling skills this week.

Science

We learnt about the skeletal system.

Monika – I enjoyed labelling a skeleton. Some of us even challenged ourselves to use the medical names of the bones.

Lacey – I was surprised about how many bones there were in my hand! I thought there was only one!

Keris – I learnt that each forearm has 2 bones!

Georgie – I was surprised to learn how easily a dinosaur’s bones could break.

Mason – I couldn’t believe that giraffes have the same number of bones as humans!

We have been practising our mental strategies in Number Talks and we are now concentrating on our subtraction skills.

Maths

We are much more familiar with the concept of time and this week used timelines to help add and subtract time.

Our next steps will be to answer questions about timetables.

We used various strategies to work out the meaning of unknown words in group reading.

When writing we practised creating a text from the perspective of a character in our group novel. In pairs we wrote what wish that character would like to receive and how it would effect their life.

Participation Friday

We are planning to hold a party for the residents at nearby Restondene.

We all have different responsibilities and are undertaking different tasks in preparation for the event.

Lewis wrote a formal letter to Mrs Wood asking her to help us prepare some food.

After School Clubs

Bella – I enjoyed Taekwondo; learning about the scissor kick was fun.

A Gentle Reminder !

Some children have still not returned the first reading books they were given at the start of P5. When they are finished and have been returned a new book can be given.