Weekly Check-in

Good morning Room 6,

I hope youโ€™re all keeping ok. Whilst I was making breakfast this morning, Lottie made me laugh. Here she is, working from home ๐Ÿถ. I hope she managed to get a lot done!

This week we have enjoyed doing some home baking, Mr Mirner likes making pizzas and weโ€™ve been having some fun with different toppings.

We enjoyed looking in the rock pool on the world oceans page, but it made us really want to go to our favourite place – the island of Arran so that we could experience rock pooling in real life once more!

Your fantastic PowerPoint presentations inspired me to make one of my own. Iโ€™ve made a quiz for my friends this weekend using power point. Have any of you designed a quiz for your family? Power point is especially good for making picture rounds, like guess the place or celebrity. I used the ย cropping function to do a โ€œname that chinโ€ round where the contestants only see the chin of a famous person and have to guess who it is. I bet you could make a fantastic quiz based on our โ€œUnder the Seaโ€ topic by now!

Please say hello in the comments below. Mrs Graham and I are missing being in school with you all and look forward to hearing from you. Donโ€™t worry if you donโ€™t have much news. Just say hi, or give us a ๐Ÿ‘‹.

Take care, and keep smiling!

Mrs Mirner ๐Ÿ 

18 thoughts on “Weekly Check-in

1. Hi I hope you are all well ,l canโ€™t wait for the summer holiday to have a little break l am really missing you.

From Julia

1. Hi Julia, thanks for popping on to say hello. You have all worked so hard this term that the summer holidays will be very well deserved pet. I miss you too.
      Mrs Graham x

2. Hi I hope you are both well.
    I am doing good. I have been continuing to practise my handwriting this week. I have been really busy with a quiz, itโ€™s my turn to make up some questions for our family zoom quiz on Saturday. I added some questions from our under the sea project and I also added in some about Andy Murray! I am really excited about being the quiz master. My mum likes the idea about the guess the chin so we might work on this for it too. Thanks for the idea!
    I have been trying to build a Portal in mine craft that takes me to a modern mansion with beautiful water and to get a key to open a glass door but itโ€™s not working๐Ÿ˜ฅ, I will keep trying.
    I am also doing well with my cycling challenge๐Ÿšด๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ – I have signed up for 25 miles over the month of June but I have already managed 22 miles!!
    Have a great weekend. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Well done you Nathan that is an amazing achievement. Are you going to enter a cycling video for Burnside’s Got Talent? I think you could as that is very impressive!
      Mrs Graham x

3. Wow Nathan youโ€™re going to smash your cycling target! Your mansion sounds fantastic so keep trying! Arran loves too, itโ€™s good for your imagination and for problem solving Skills. Thanks for checking in Nathan, enjoy the rest of the week! Mrs Mirner ๐Ÿ 

4. Hi
    Me and my baby sister had lots of fun. We also had a new baby cousin. ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿค’๐ŸคงI was a little sick this morning. I hope your all well ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

1. Oh no Zohra, are you ok? I hope your feeling better now! And that is lovely news about your new baby cousin, what is he/she called? You’ll be the best big cousin just like you are the best big sister!
      Mrs Graham x

5. Hello everyone, One day in lock down I got a KFC! it was so yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹ I have been playing loads of Fortnite. I have learned a UFO glitch. Itโ€™s so cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž I have been baking SO MUCH! All the things I bake are so yummy ๐Ÿคค In Minecraft I made a cabin with a underground bunker. Me, Rory and Lewis have been doing zoom calls and playing roblox together. I have been doing loads of fractions. I hope you have a good time. From Fraser

1. Hi Mrs Mirner and Mrs Graham. I have been learning about jellyfish. The moon jellyfish is so beautiful! Iโ€™m going to email my shark leaflet, my Magic Box poem, my Elvis and the Elves story and my P3 Memory. From Rรฒs ๐Ÿฆˆ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฐ๐ŸฆŠ๐Ÿป๐Ÿผ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿต๐Ÿ”๐Ÿง๐Ÿค๐Ÿฆ

1. Thank you so much for all the work you have sent over Rรฒs. It’s been great to see how much you have been learning as well as how hard you have worked too.
        Mrs Graham x

2. Hello Ros,
        I’ve just read through all your fantastic work. I’m very impressed with the superb way in which you presented it all. It looks fantastic.As well as this, the content is very interesting and informative. You really captured the voice of Elvis and your piece about the coins was pitched very well, it seemed just like a journalist had written it! Well done.

2. Great Fraser. Its brilliant you’ve been able to keep in so much contact with your pals as it’s so important. I wish I could try some of this home baking too, i’m jealous.
      Mrs Graham x
      PS well done on the fractions too!

6. Hi everyone,
    One day when I was playing Roblox I found Fraser in the game I was playing! I baked cookies and they were so delicious. I had a zoom call with Fraser and Rory. I practiced my hand writing, I did the Adjective Alphabet and wrote a poem. I have been reading lots of new books. One is about ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses and I started reading Underground to Canada. It is about slaves in America escaping to Canada.
    From Lewis

1. Excellent Lewis. You are such a keen reader and that last book sounds very interesting, well done you!
      Mrs Graham x