WE DID IT!!!!

IT’S SUUUUMMMEERRRRRR!!!!

Boys and Girls… WELL DONE! What a strange and challenging year you have all had.  Please watch the video below for a final round up from Room 13!

Mrs McGarvey, Mr Campbell and I want to say thank you so much for your hard work over the past four months.  You have completed learning in a way that we never thought we would have to and you should be incredibly proud of yourselves.  We have seen all of your photos and videos and you most certainly have earned your summer holidays this year!

Primary 6 – have a lovely summer holiday, thank you for all your hard work and I will see you in August!

Primary 7… where do I even begin. YOU MADE IT! Final day of Primary school and although this is not how I planned it to be, I am still so so proud of each and every one of you.  Please check you Glow emails, there are a couple things for you in there 😀 I am looking forward to seeing you all for one final visit before summer! (Final request… please remember to bring your class novel if you haven’t already!)

And… please watch the video below.  Although all the staff at Burnside cannot be with you today, they still have some special messages for you.

Guys, it is time to switch of, relax, have fun and enjoy your summer holidays.  It has been an absolute pleasure being your class teacher and I hope you have enjoyed being part of my class too.  You have set the bar exceptionally high for every class that follows in your footsteps and you will most definitely, never be forgotten.

Remember to be kind, be courageous and always look out for one another.

You have done me proud.

For the final time,

Room 13 is signing off.

Love, Miss McKinnon xxx

COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER! ☀️😎

Happy Monday Room 13!

Can you believe it? Final week of school… WE MADE IT!  Guys, I cannot express how proud I am of each and every one of you with how well you have done over these very difficult, past few months.  I am not going to ramble on in the post today… believe me I have an email as long as an essay being constructed to you all just now and will send this out on Wednesday.

Primary 7 – please make sure if you haven’t sent me your P1 photos, please can you get these to me TODAY! Ms McGuinness is working very hard to put something special together for you.  I also have something in the works which I will share with you on Wednesday.

Primary 6 – for you the secret is out… I WILL be your teacher for next year! I cannot wait to have another amazing year with you lot in Room 13.  I know those pesky Primary 7’s have been getting a lot of attention over the past few weeks, but keep your eyes peeled for a very special surprise for you, this week too!

Room 13, this week is not about school work.  It is not about revising your spelling or learning a new topic in maths.  This week is about reflecting back on your time in P6/7, looking back on all the good times we have had and celebrating what has been an amazing year (even if it did bring its fair share of challenges too!)  I have listed some very simple activities below, if you wish to do them.  My hope is, over the work listed below, is that you try to speak to as many people in the class before summer!  You have all played such a special role in Room 13, IT NEEDS TO BE CELEBRATED.

Okay, I am rambling.  Please see the suggested activities below:

1. Memory Mind Map – Create a colourful mind map, filling it with all your favourite memories from this school year.
  2. End of year activity sheet
  3. Picture Collage – pull together any photos you have with your friends and put them together is a big collage to share with each other.
  4. Let’s Dance – Create a music playlist that we could have running during the visits on Wednesday.  Make sure they are songs I can sing to!
  5. Letter to a friend or teacher (blank template)
  6. My Lockdown Experience
  7. Summer Crack The Code Worksheet S
  8. Summer Wordsearch
  9. Lets get cooking – some of your lockdown recipes have looked amazing!  Why not try to bake an end of school SHOW STOPPER! This will need to be spectacular!
  10. Team 13 – You will find everyone’s address in the emails I have sent you over the past few months.  Why not send an email to one of your friends to check in?  I am sure they would love to hear from you!
  11. Stay Active – Just because the summer holidays are about to begin does not mean we have to sit around every day doing nothing (although it can be quite relaxing!) Have a look back through all your weekly work posts and try out some of the PE activities that have been set for you!

Primary 7, I will see you all on Wednesday! Please see the school app for details about times for each group to come in for a visit.  If you have not returned your copy of The Explorer, please bring this with you on Wednesday.  Make sure you keep checking the blog and your emails for updates this week… lots of special things coming your way!

Let’s make this a week of celebrations to round off an amazing year Room 13!

See you all very soon!

Miss M x

FINAL FRIDAY CHECK-IN 🥳

Good Morning Room 13! ☀️

I hope you have all had a lovely week and been keeping yourself super busy! P6’s well done with this weeks Tuesday Challenge and P7’s I hope you enjoyed your visit to Stonelaw.

Have a quick watch of my check-in video and then leave me a comment to let me know how your week has been.

Have a great weekend everyone, I’ll speak to you for our last week of school next week!

❤️

Miss M x

Tuesday Challenge

Good Morning Room 13!

I hope you are all having a lovely week so far.

Thank you, P7’s who have already sent me through their P1 photo, I have almost half of the class already.  Please pass on that I am looking for these photos, just in case there are people who are not able to access the blog.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR P7

Second last Tuesday Challenge for the year!  So we are going back to basics with an original task for you today.

As quickly as you can, can you find 10 items in your house beginning with the letter:

Send me your lists through on the blog or by email.

Have a great day and P7 I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Good Luck!

Miss M x

SPORTS WEEK!

Happy Monday Room 13 and welcome to SPORTS WEEK!

I hope you have all had a great weekend and are ready for an exciting LAST FULL WEEK OF SCHOOL!

Primary 7 you have a very exciting visit up to Stonelaw on Thursday, I hope you are all looking forward to it, I can’t wait to see you all there.  Please read through the ‘Primary 7’ section of documents, there is important information and P7 specific tasks for you this week.

Please try and get your P1 photos to me as soon as you can.

Burnside’s Got Talent  Please remember all entries for BGT are to be submitted this week via Twitter.

All of your activities this week are set around the theme of SPORTS!  I hope you enjoy these activities, remember to send me photos of what you get up to this week.  The Burnside Sports Week Timetable for the whole school can be found below:

Burnside Sports Week – 15 – 19 June 2020

Tuesday Challenge tomorrow and your Friday Check In Station will be open at the end of the week.

PRIMARY 7 INFORMATION AND TASKS

SPELLING

Spelling Words

Using a football, basketball, or tennis ball (with / without a racket) practice spelling each word out loud whilst also practising your keepy up skills!

READING

IMPORTANT: I will need to get your copy of the Explorer back from you before the summer! I will try to get this organised for you to drop it in to me within the next two weeks.

WRITING

MATHS

PE / SPORTS WEEK

HWB & EXTRA ACTIVITIES

I hope you all have a great week, and keep yourself super active with loads of sport based activities!  Keep your eye on the Burnside Twitter Page and School App for more challenges throughout the week.

Remember to check in with me and I will see my P7’s on Thursday.

Miss M x

Weekly Check In Station!

Good Morning Room 13!

I hope you have all had a great week and have been keeping yourself busy with lots of fun activities.  There is lots of important information on today’s post, for Primary 7, so please make sure you read it carefully.

Start off by leaving me a comment to check in, let me know how your week has been and what you have been up to.

Please see Twitter post from Stonelaw High School.  Very exciting to hear that you will be able to visit next week! You can email me if you have any questions and if you are unable to attend next Thursday,  make sure you email Mr Campbell.

Please find information about the visit below, we will be in contact about your classes so you know where to go.  Make sure you keep a note of your class, as each class will enter from a different part of the High School next week.  I will also be at Stonelaw for your visit, so I am looking forward to seeing you all!

P7 Visit June 2020

Primary 7, another job for you too!  Please read the document below carefully, we need your help to send in some photos / videos, to allow myself, Ms McGuinness and Mr Campbell to put together some things for you to round up your time at Burnside.

Please can you also pass this on to anyone who you think may not be able to access the blog.  We are looking for everyone to help us with this!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR P7

Looking forward to seeing my P7’s next week!! I hope you are looking forward to your visit to Stonelaw, its fantastic that you are getting the opportunity to visit before the summer holidays.

I will post this information again on Monday’s blog post, just so you have easy access to it throughout the week.

Have a great weekend and I will speak to you on Monday,

Miss McKinnon x

Tuesday Challenge (From School!)

Good Morning Room 13!

Primary 7, please have a look through the link below at the new information uploaded by Stonelaw High School.  There is a video which will introduce you to the pupil support teachers (who will work with you from S1 right up to S6) and some information about the subjects you will study there too.

http://www.stonelaw.s-lanark.sch.uk/Pupils/P7-Transition/

As you will see from the video below, I was back in Burnside Primary and back in Room 13 yesterday! It was amazing to be back and I couldn’t miss out on the opportunity to film your Tuesday Challenge whilst I was there.  All the information is in the video and remember to submit your answers either by commenting on the blog or by sending me an email.

Why not try today’s challenge with a sibling or even the whole family and see who can remember the most items?!

Good Luck!
Miss M x

Weekly Work 8.6.2020

Goooood Morning Room 13!

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend, thank goodness the sun has decided to return over the past few days.  This week I will be back in Burnside on Monday and Friday morning, so please bare with me if you comment on the blog or send me and email, I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I am super excited to get back to school and back in to Room 13!  I’ll try and film a quick check in video for you all at some point when I am in.

BURNSIDE’S GOT TALENT! Remember video submissions are to be uploaded to Twitter by a parent/carer and tag @burnsideprim  – Primary 7 this is your last ever Burnside’s Got Talent, I would love to see some of you take part this year!

Primary 7 there are some more transition activites uploaded for you in the HWB section for this week.

Remember Tuesday Challenge tomorrow at 10am (it is a Room 13 inspired challenge!) and our Friday Check In station too.

Triangles & Squares

Triangles and Squares, your focus this week is on a new topic, angles.  Don’t worry though, all of the information you need is at the top of each textbook page.  Read this information carefully and then give these questions a go!

Circles

Rectangles

Maths Mystery Challenge

Multiplication & Division Mosaic Worksheets

Sunflower-Line-Graph-Worksheet

Eye-Colour-Tally-Frequency-Table-Worksheet

Birthdays-Bar-Line-Chart-Worksheets

Chocolate-Bars-Bar-Line-Chart-Worksheets

5-a-Day-Frequency-Table-Worksheet

Spelling Words

Tasks: Speed writing, opposite hand OR can you use a magazine or newspaper and circles the letters in each of your words.

Cartoon Book clipart - Writing, Reading, Book, transparent clip art

• Continue reading The Explorer or a personal reader.
  • Read through the latest news articles on Newsround and write a summary of this weeks top news.  You may even want to make up a PowerPoint or poster to highlight this weeks main stories.
  • Write a letter to your classmates or to me, telling us about your highlights / best memories / school trips / funniest moments during P6/P7.  Remember to include more than one event to pack it full with information.  Use the letter guide to help you lay your work out correctly!
  • Letter Layout Guide
  • Wimbledon Comprehension (Stars)
  • Wimbledon Comprehension (Planets)
  • Wimbledon Comprehension (Suns)

STEM-Challenges

Pizza Hut Menu

Pizza Hut Challenge Cards

symbol-physical-education-clipart.png (900×750) (With images ...

• Joe Wicks at 9am everyday on Youtube
  • South Lanarkshire Active Schools challenges on Twitter
  • PE Bingo
  • Why not try adventuring a little further than you have for the past couple weeks.  Now that parks are starting to reopen and we are allowed to travel a little further, I am taking Nyla to the beach this week!
  • Sports Day will be happening very soon.  Can you think of any events we could do at home, to replicate a sports day away from school?

Extracurricular Activities - The Red Pen

EXTRA ACTIVITIES:

• USA: Research the current events happening in the USA and create a PowerPoint / information poster to discuss what is going on.
  • MUSIC: Summer is swiftly approaching.  Why not create a playlist of all your favourite summer songs.
  • ART: Look at the picture below, this is where you taken an item and use it to help inspire you to create something new!

• HWB: Try creating your own game at home (this could be maths, science, literacy or PE based) and write up the instructions.  You might want to add pictures or make it colourful and send it over to me and I can share it with the rest of the class!

I hope you all have a great week.  Remember to check in with me over the next few days.  Anything I can help with, just leave me a comment on the blog or send me and email and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I hope everyone is keeping happy, healthy and safe at home.  I also hope you have been able to meet up with friends/family (at a distance) over the last week, now that lockdown rules have been eased slightly.

Let’s have an amazing week Team 13!

Miss M x

Tuesday Challenge Winners!

Well done to everyone who participated in this week’s Tuesday Challenge… some very creative entries, however, I could only pick three winners.  As the blog is public I cannot post names, instead I have posted initials of the winners.

Drum Roll Please….

AZ is our winner of the most creative tower!

KI is our winner of the tower built using the most items!

ZL is out winner of the tower built using the least items!

Well done everyone who took part this week.  Winners, I will send you an email at the start of next week to arrange your prizes.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Miss M x

Friday Check-In Station!

Happy Friday Everyone!

I hope you have all had a lovely week (even though the sun decided to disappear over the past couple of days).  Please leave me a comment about how your week has been, especially if you didn’t manage to check in last week.  Or send me over an email if you would prefer.

Also remember that you can submit your Tuesday Challenge entries to me today, up until 3pm.  PRIZES ON OFFER for this week!  Some of the entries have been brilliant!  Have a look at the previous blog post if you haven’t already checked out the Tuesday Challenge.

PHOTOS FROM HOME!  I have added in some photos of your work from over the past few weeks.  Still super proud of everything you are managing to complete whilst at home 😀

An amazing model of the Empire State Building!

How good does this chocolate cake look?!

A lovely newspaper article about a pupil’s time in Primary 7

Great work with these reflective shapes!

CATERPILLARS?!!

Even more baking going on… doesn’t think chocolate cheesecake look delicious!

And some amazing, and very neat maths work too!

Loved reading this Burnside memory!

Look at all your amazing work over the past few weeks, it has been great to see you balancing some school work with so many other activities!

Time to relax now, have a great weekend everyone and I will speak to you on Monday,

Miss M x