Renfrewshire Council encourages each school to adopt a dress code after discussion with parents, pupils and the parent council. The council supports an agreed dress code because of the benefits it brings, including improvements in safety, security, discipline, ethos and community spirit, and a decrease in bullying and expense for parents.
Some types of clothing will not be allowed in school for reasons of safety, decency or indiscipline. Types of clothing which will not be allowed include:
- clothes which are a health or safety risk;
- clothes which may damage the school building;
- clothes which may provoke other pupils;
- clothes which are offensive or indecent; and
- clothes which encourage the use of alcohol or tobacco, or other inappropriate substances.
Pupils will not be deprived of education, any benefit or access to examinations because of not wearing school uniform.
In the interests of health and safety, of both individual and others present, all jewellery, including body jewellery, must be removed before taking part in physical education lessons or physical activities.
Grants for footwear and clothing for children are available to parents receiving:
- income support;
- income based job seeker’s allowance;
- pension credit;
- housing benefit;
- council tax benefit; or
- depending on annual income, child tax credit or working tax credit.
Information and application forms for free school meals are available from schools, registration offices and customer service centres. A form can be downloaded from the council’s website: www.renfrewshire.gov.uk.
Please help the school and the education authority by making sure that pupils do not bring valuable or expensive items of clothing to school. The council has no insurance to cover the loss of valuable items.
St Catherine’s uniform is:
- Navy skirt/trousers
- Light blue shirt/tie
- Navy cardigan/ sweat shirt
- Blue polo shirts are also available
Children are required to change for P.E. items required are listed below.
- Sand shoes or Trainers
- Blue polo shirt/t-shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- A shoe/drawstring bag is advisable to keep all P.E. kit in the cloakroom areas.
All items of clothing should be marked with the child’s name.