I Am Me Scotland

The children all experienced a workshop with I Am Me Scotland and what fantastic feedback from our special visitors.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your interest in the I Am Me #MakeaDifferenceScotland programme. The team really enjoyed visiting St. Catherine’s Primary School today, the staff were extremely welcoming and the pupils were very well behaved and enthusiastic, with a great understanding of disabilities and the importance of being a good friend/classmate. We would also like to take this opportunity to share some feedback we received from your pupils during our visit:

“I have learned that bullying is wrong. I have learned that you should let everyone join in the games. I have learned to treat people with disabilities the way you want to be treated.” – P5 Pupil

“[I have learned] 1. That it is okay to be different. 2. Don’t treat people different because they have a disabilities.” – P5 Pupil

“I have learned more about disabilities and that it is wrong to bully.” – P5 Pupil

“I have learned that it doesn’t matter if you have a disability everyone is the same.” – P5 Pupil

“I learned how serious hate crime can be.” – P6 Pupil

“I’ve learned much more disabilities and words you shouldn’t use.” – P6 Pupil

“I have learned more about various disabilities. I have learned more signs of bullying. I have learned that I Am Me is a great cause.” – P7 Pupil

“Today I learned that some peoples first impression sometimes aren’t the best and you shouldn’t judge people by their first impression and you shouldn’t bully people with and without disabilities.” – P7 Pupil

Thank you very much, we look forward to working with your staff and pupils again in the future!

The I Am Me Team