St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Primary 5/6 Week beinning 20th April

| 1 Comment

Hello boys and girls!

How are you all? I hope you all had a lovely Easter and enjoyed some yummy chocolate! The weather has been lovely hasn’t it? I hope if you have a garden you have manged to get out and have some fresh air and if not them hopefully you have manged to go a walk safely in the sunshine! I know some of you have been doing this as I have seen you whilst out my daily walk :0) It was lovely to see you and if I haven’t seen you then hopefully I’ll see you back in school as soon as it is safe to do so.  In the meantime, here are some tasks you could work through this week, please remember that I don’t expect you to be completing everything – these are just some tasks you could work through but while the weather is so nice make sure you enjoy it and try to help around the house and spend time with your family.

Maths

Second Level Number and Number Processes Doubling

Second Level Number and Number Processes Multiplication Arrays

Spelling – Choose one from below

Spelling – Compound Words 1

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 1

Topic – Classification of Living Things

Before we finished school we had been looking at animals, their habitats and some of their adaptations and characteristics.  Scientists like to group or ‘classify’ animals and one way they do this is by using ‘keys’.  Here is a video clip and a  powerpoint which helps to explain how they work and a worksheet for you to try.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zxjj6sg/articles/z9cbcwx

Simple Branched Keys

Simple Branched Keys mini beast classification key worksheet

One Comment