St Helen's Primary & Nursery

Home Learning Tasks 12.05.20

Good Morning Primary 5/6,

How was your weekend? I hope you had a good time during the long weekend. I am so glad the weather is still lovely, we have been exploring the walk way near our new house and found a long walking track to take our dog on. My oldest son has been trying to stay home but we have managed to convince him to keep coming long walks with us 🙂 .

Have you been up to anything different this weekend? How are you all feeling? I hope you are doing okay and your families are well.

Here are today’s home learning tasks.

Maths: Now finished with Time and moving onto Shape:

Complete the maths assessment for Time on Sumdog to test your knowledge  (this is just so I can get an idea of what you have learned about Time while being off, try your best I know it has been tricky learning whilst off)

Hexagons/Semi-circles/Pentagons –

Watch these 4 class clips, read the information below each and when you scroll down click on the hand to test your knowledge (just like we used to do in class)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zvmxsbk/articles/z8c7qty

Properties of 3D shapes

What am I 3D shapes

Rhombus –

Watch these 4 class clips and when you scroll down click on the hand to test your knowledge (just like we used to do in class)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zjv39j6

Name the 2D shape

Literacy:

1. Login to Oxford Owl and complete the task set for your group. 

Go to the website ‘Oxford Owl’ and click on my class login at the top of the page. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/

Login: sthelensp56      Password: sthelens9

Adjectives – Read ‘Double Exposure’ pages 13 to 20 and summarise in your own words. Include information that is important by first taking notes in bullet point form and then creating a paragraph re-telling the main points in your own words.

Onomatopoeias – Read ‘Storm Chasers’ pages 17 to 27.  Create at least 5 questions for this part of the text (for example: skimming and scanning questions, find it prove it questions, why did this character do this?, what happened in this part of the text?). Once you have written all your questions see if you can answer them fully in sentences.

Metaphors –  Read ‘Tales of the Underworld’ pages 40 to 47 and complete the questions within the word document below

Tales of the Underworld

2.  Spelling

Group 5 – Using the words from the phoneme ‘s’ column, create a phoneme table showing the different spelling of this phoneme but with the same sound. Your table should have the headings: ss , se , c , ce  and s . Try to add more words if you can.

Spelling Group 5 Words and Phonemes 

Group 6 and 3 – Complete a spelling task from the spelling menu below using your group’s spelling words.

Homework spelling menu

P6 Spelling Words May and June

Spelling Group 3 Words and Phonemes

R.E.

P6 – Jesus changes water into wine

The Wedding Feast at Cana

P5 – The Rosary and the Life of Jesus

The Rosary and the life of Jesus

Mrs Brocardo x